Team Flare is becoming worse than Team Rocket by the minute

Once again, I've had to slow down posting chapters thanks to s c h o o l ~

Always fun having hours of pointless homework a night! :D As if the delayed election results and chaos surrounding that wasn't stressing enough... Hope everyone out there is doing well in spite of all this craziness.

~

        After the group left the area they fought Team Flare and stopped in the woods, everyone sent out all their Pokemon for Squishy to meet, which overwhelmed the poor Zygarde Core. Sawyer also got to meet everyone's Pokemon, like Ash's Noibat and Serena and Bonnie's Eevees.

They snacked on Pukepuffs in a rather large circle, but Squishy didn't want them or berries. It hopped onto the tree stump and stared at the setting sun, lying down almost like the way Zenith had flopped down in the grass as soon as they stopped walking.

"It's photosynthesizing," Shadow explained between mouthfuls of food. When Serena looked at her like she had four heads, she simplified it as, "Squishy's using sunlight for energy, like a plant."

"That's convenient."

"I wish I could do that," Zenith groaned with her face buried in the dirt. She had forgotten how easy it was to tire herself off if she didn't constantly train with her Pokemon's forms and her own abilities, but she hadn't had much of a chance lately since she began traveling with the group.

Ash began asking about Team Flare, and the remaining, not half-asleep Sawyer sisters explained what they could, how they wanted Squishy because they needed him for their experiments and weapons to work because they believed it to be part of a powerful Pokemon.

When asked about how they knew Team Flare from "before," they went silent, sure to avoid mentioning their status as the last hope of the sorcerers and how everything, even their lives, were at stake.

~

After talking with Sawyer for a while, Ash and him comparing badges (7 vs. 5), they began talking about the way to Snowbelle City. According to him, the Gym leader (Wulfric) was incredibly hard to beat, something the Sawyer sisters already knew, and that there was a place called Terminus Cave nearby.

Shadow pulled it up on her map, the 3D hologram of it appearing above her National Dex, dark red in color. She ran her pointer finger over where it was located, the bar of information and pictures of it appearing with the tap. "Many diverse Pokemon live there; Professor Sycamore's sent me there to look for rare species many times before."

"Sounds awesome, let's go!" Ash exclaimed, catching Bonnie's attention, but Squishy jumped up. It ran over to where Shadow was kneeling and landed on her Pokedex, pointing its head toward the pictures and nodding rapidly, humming.

"Squishy, you want to go there?"

Zenith took a breath. Figures, considering that's where we first met the Zygardes when Team Flare showed up and captured them so many years ago. Fighting to get Z3 back was a nightmare, especially as kids that young without any Pokemon of our own.

(It had only been when they were adopted by Sycamore that they got their own Pokemon, the other three getting a Kalos starter while Zenith was given a shiny Ralts that the former champion Diantha's Gardevoir had found and given to him; it was a gift after the eldest quadruplet helped it down from a high shelf the Pokemon accidentally teleported onto. Though they didn't begin their journeys until age ten, they helped him research Pokemon, learning much about them in the process, and practiced their magic in the comforts of his lab.)

"Okay, let's go to the Terminus Cave!" Ash declared, Clemont hoping they'd learn more about Squishy while they were there. Zenith, finally getting off the ground,, wanted to be awake enough to keep an eye out for Team Flare. There was no telling what those ne'er-do-wells would be up to next, so if they were searching for their "Z2" there, they'd be ready to fight.