Synchronicity

I guess once-a-month chapters are the new standard, sorry about that you guys. Still, a fun chapter to write, and I hope you all continue to enjoy, love you!

~

"So you think Houndoom gained a new type when it transformed?"

Zenith nodded. "Kind of like the move Trick-or-Treat that gives the opponent's Pokemon the extra Ghost-Typing, even if it already has two types. I think Shad-M. Houndoom was a Fire-, Dark-, and Ghost-Type, especially given it had those strange paws and used that haunting move."

"Do you think it has a name?" Bonnie had stars in her eyes talking about Houndoom's new form while the girl and her Pokemon healed, and Greninja was brought out from the Pokemon Center all ready to go.

Looking through her Pokedex, Zenith finally found what she was looking for. "Yep, I think I just found it actually! Astral Barrage... Apparently it's a move only a few Pokemon can learn, the most important of which being a Legendary Pokemon from the Galar region! It's a very strong Ghost-Type attack that can hit multiple targets."

"That's so cool!"

Just then, Ash came back with Greninja, and they both put on their gear, the Battle Pulse meter that Clemont had instructed them to wear.

"I think the special bonds, like the one between Ash and Greninja, are psychological. The changes occur when their mental and emotional states are truly in-sync," Clemont explained to Alain. "There's got to be a scientific explanation, so we're going to gather data to find out."

"We're all ready here!" Ash exclaimed. "Let's do this!"

"Grennnninjaaa!" The Pokemon began doing some stretches and squats on the battlefield.

Alain sent out his Charizard, who roared to announce its arrival.

"Alright, we're all set! Battle, begin!" Clemont announced enthusiastically.

"Okay, we'll go first. Water Shuriken!"

"Move in, Charizard, we won't be losing this one. Dragon Claw GO!"

Charizard managed to use its ability to fly to dodge the Water Shurikens and get in close, swiping up with its powerful claws and knocking Greninja backwards.

"Double Team, let's go!"

While in the air, Greninja was able to recover and create copies of itself, but Charizard began getting rid of the fakes with Flamethrower. At least the real Greninja managed to speed away, appearing behind Charizard and slashing its back with Cut.

Charizard landed heavily on its feet, sliding back, but neither side was close to being out yet.

"Way to go, Greninja!"

"Nin ja-ja."

"This is only the beginning," Alain reminded them, while Charizard turned around and made a fist. "Yes, it's only right to use the massive power we possess to face them in battle." He held two fingers up to his Key Stone bracelet. "Respond to my heart, Key Stone. Beyond evolution: Mega Evolution!"

Orange scales were enveloped in light, replaced by shiny black. Blue flames emit from its body, and when the transformation ended, Mega Charizard X stood strong before its opponent.

"Yeah!" Ash looked excited just by the Mega's reveal.

"Alright, let's see if we can trigger that change. Charizard, use Thunder Punch!"