Meetings and New Beginnings!

I finally did art for this story I'm proud of! Most of things I draw turn out really messy or wrong, so they haven't been posted, but this is Skyla with her team: Midnight, Skyphire, Akash the Brezeon (Used a slightly different design, hope you don't mind, Silvermoon!), Ocean, Frost, Axton the Guardeon, and Lucario! And I think it turned out amazing!

I've been waiting for this chapter for a while. The Sawyer cousins get to meet our heroes, and Bonnie finally gets to become a trainer! I wonder what her first course of action will be...

~

Ash had been waiting patiently with Clemont, Bonnie, and Red outside the Sawyer sisters' dressing rooms, trying to avoid the crowd still outside. At least it was thinning as time went on and it got later. Soon they'd have to head back to the Pokemon Center for the night and continue their journey to Snowbelle City.

He was looking forward to congratulating the sisters, especially Zenith, on their performance. Their skills at singing and playing their instruments made every concert feel so immersive and lively, and they seemed like the genuinely enjoyed it, too.

When he noticed a group of people sneaking into her room, he was confused, but when the other Sawyer siblings- apparently Gladion and Lillie were there, too?- rushed in with smiles, he figured everything must've been fine. Perhaps old friends or travel partners? Still, he was a bit disappointed he wouldn't get more time with his dance date one-on-one, but hey, he would be happy for Zenith no matter what!

Finally they all came out in casual clothes, Zenith's eyes locking with Ash's. She looked brighter than usual, that certain closed-off, serious light that was almost always in her eyes gone, and she pulled the newcomers after her towards Ash and the others.

"Ash! Everyone!"

"Your concert was AMAZING!" Bonnie tackled the honey blonde into a hug, and Zenith spun her around. "The song was so good! And you're all wonderful singers! We were dancing in the crowd!"

"That's great to hear, Bons! Now, there's some people I'd like you all to meet. These are my cousins!"

Clemont looked between the Sawyer sisters, their other two siblings, and the five new people. "I see the resemblance. It's great to meet you all."

Pine walked over to him. "This is Clemont and his little sister, Bonnie. Then there's Ash, and his older brother, Red! Serena is also around here somewhere, but... we won't talk about her. We've been traveling with them for the past few months!"

"We also attended the dance with them!" Crystal added. "And everyone, like Sky said, these are our cousins! This is Skyla, Luna, Melody, Lilith, and of course, little Olivia!"

The girl next to Shadow with long black hair scowled at the platinum blonde. "HEY! I'm not little!" Quieter, she added, "It's not like I wanted to be here at all, either..."

"Uh-huh, and Skyla's not a master of using aura," Lilith countered. To the others, she quickly explained, "My big sis and her Lucario have a pretty strong bond, so she can use aura powers like it."

Ash remembered a journey he took a few years back. "Aura? I remember that... I think I helped a Lucario out myself with that kind of thing, back in a place called Rota..."

Skyla exchanged a glance with Zenith. "Is that so? It's a pretty rare thing for humans to be able to use it. Just like it's rare to have synchro bonds with your Pokemon."

"She told you about that? Awesome! Me and Greninja are working on that now! But it's kind of hard to use... I always get so tired out, and it's surrounded in this huge water column the whole time."