Anistar Epilogue

There was that delay I kept anticipating, sorry everyone! At least I'm back in business for the time being, this time with a new chapter to wrap up the Anistar City arc.

~

Suddenly, Olympia's eyes changed once more, and she instructed her Meowstic use Helping Hand and Future Sight. "The sundial... will be in grave danger! Those evil-doers will also play a key role in the ring of fate that threatens Kalos... but fate has other plans for me, I must go to my gym." She pointed to the Sawyer sisters and Ash. "You five are the ones who must stop these evil-doers here and now."

She flew off, the psychics running after her, leaving the group wide-eyed. After a few moments, they saw a giant Meowth balloon appear in the sky. "Don't tell me she meant Team Rocket...!?" Crystal wondered aloud.

"Yay!" Jessie exclaimed from the balloon.

"Begin Operation Sundial Swipe!" James instructed with a fist pumped in the air.

"It's just our type!" The pinkette girl added.

Wobbuffet exclaimed its name in agreement.

"You were right, it is Team Rocket!" Ash told the platinum blonde.

"How do they expect to steal the entire sundial?! It's huge!" Zenith questioned, staring up at the giant pink stone. Suddenly, four giant claws shot out from the balloon and attached to it. "Oh, that's how. We have to stop them!"

"Frogadier, use Water Pulse!" Ash exclaimed.

"Star, Swift!" Zenith instructed, pointing at Team Rocket's hot air balloon. She knew the shiny Eevee wasn't supposed to fight, but considering this wasn't a real battle and the cutie had already proven competent enough to defend, it couldn't hurt. She didn't have enough time to reach for another one of her partners.

The two attacks combined to hit the balloon, its claws beginning to scrape at the sundial. "It's being damaged!" Shadow cried.

Just then, the Future Sight that Olympia had used before appeared and blew up the balloon, sending Team Rocket blasting off. Zenith let out a relieved sigh, grateful to the gym leader despite the fact that she flew off when danger came.

"At least no harm came upon such an important artifact..."

~

At sunset, Professor Sycamore and Olympia sat by the sundial. "I've wanted to ask you something all this time. The danger you were seeing around Kalos... what exactly was it?"

"Green fire," the Gym Leader replied gravely. "A flickering green flame. I saw it engulf Kalos and threaten to consume all of the people and Pokemon in that swirling fire. You will all play a substantial role in the chaos and turmoil, and every one of the villains who tried to steal the sundial."

"You mean Team Rocket!?"

"What role you play is up to you, and those young girls you took in and raised like your own. That family... has had many curses placed on its name, but might one day be seen in a new light... if you all are sure to take good care of the destiny placed in your hands. The great whirlwind threatens to engulf you all... so you must not let it."

(Meanwhile, in many different places, Team Rocket, the Sawyer sisters, the rest of their family, and our remaining heroes all sneezed.)

~

"Professor, it was great to see you again!" Ash exclaimed.

"Yeah!" The Sawyer sisters added to their father figure.

He only bowed. "Really, it was my honor to see you all again. And for that, he's the most recently updated Pokedex!" He gave it to Ash.

Serena furrowed her brow. "What about me? I have an old Pokedex, too!"

"Sorry... I only brought one model with me." He shrugged.

Ash grinned. "Thanks, Professor!"

"I'm jealous...," Bonnie pouted.

"Maybe when you're a bit older," Clemont told her, the blonde, her Eevee, and Dedenne all nodding.

"That unit also contains all of our current research on Mega Evolution," Sycamore explained, glancing at the sisters, specifically Crystal and Zenith. "I hope it helps you on future adventures, and if you and your Frogadier ever reach the great heights that Olympia foretold."

"Thanks!" Our heroes said.

"Have you decided where you'll go for your final Gym Battle?" Sycamore asked.

Ash rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "No... I haven't thought about it."

"The nearest gym is in Snowbelle City," Zenith said as Serena fumbled with her old Pokedex, trying to look at the map. "It's an Ice-Type gym as the name suggests."

"Great!" He exclaimed, pumping a fist in the air. "That's where we'll go!"

"After you get that badge, you'll have all eight! Maybe you'll even be able to face me as champion of Kalos- if you can make it through the Lumiose Conference, that is!"

After a few more minutes of small talk, Zenith waved the Professor over to the side, away from the others. "I noticed something strange about the Eevee that hatched from the egg you gave me, Star. Of the four, only mine has a strange, heart-shaped mark on her tail. Do you know what it means?"

He was silent for a while, thinking deeply, before looking up to meet the girl's hazel eyes. "I remember hearing something of the sorts when I went on my research trip in the Kanto region. A special kind of Eevee that bonded to their trainers and became more powerful than their normal counterparts, though I've never heard of a shiny one before."

"A special kind of Eevee, but not an evolution?"

"Yes... From what information I gathered, they were able to learn special moves that alluded to each of their evolutions without needing to actually evolve, and grew to be larger and stronger than most Eevee. The female ones were noted to have the heart-shaped tails, which is what really caught my attention when you mentioned it," he said. "I heard from Olympia that Star's Swift attack helped protect you against one of her followers?"

Her face flushed. "I know I wasn't supposed to use her in a fight... but I didn't have much of a choice, even with Gardevoir by my side."

"If a hatchling's move is already that powerful, then it must be true. The reason the group of Eevees weren't supposed to fight is because they, like any other newborn, are still too frail to use full-power attacks. If Star can hold her own against a certified psychic's trainee, I'm almost certain she must be a 'Partner Eevee.' Just be careful if you're ever in a situation like that."

Zenith smiled, nodding. "Alright, Dad, I will. It was great seeing you again."

"And you, little breeze. Now go on back to your friends and make the best of your time," his expression turned from a smile to something darker, "before Olympia's apocalyptic vision is upon us." She could read between the lines on that one; he knew just as well as she did what was really coming, or at least a part of it- as much as they could figure with everything going on.

~

"Deep green eyes... What is this you're trying to tell me!? Auh!"

A glowing green figure conjured from Olympia's Future Sight, almost serpentine in its build, slithered forward into the air and split into three before dissipating entirely.

~

Hmm, who/what could that be? Perhaps we'll get to find out... next chapter!

Goodbye for now,

Zenith