A Showcase Debut! Wait...

The eighth chapter already, and thank you guys for all the support! It really encourages me to write more, so without further ado! Here it is!

~

Our heroes woke up early that morning, with Zenith and Serena getting ready for the Showcase. They made a quick breakfast and headed out from the Pokemon Center, towards the performance hall.

"Hey everyone!" A voice called from behind as Shauna appeared, jogging to catch up to them. "Wait... oh my gosh! Zenith, it's such a pleasure to meet you! My name is Shauna, and you're my biggest inspiration ever!"

Zenith gave the girl a smile, shaking her hand. "Wonderful meeting you, too, and good luck performing today!"

They entered, with the three performers and their Pokemon going backstage to get ready while Ash, Clemont, Bonnie, and the rest of the Pokemon settled in to watch.

Monsieur Pierre appeared as the lights dimmed, signaling for it to begin. "Welcome to the Coumarine City Pokemon Showcase! And now, our opening performer, Kalos Queen and Champion Zenith Sawyer!"

The pink-highlighted honey blonde appeared onstage, wearing a brilliant black and pink dress, with a pink veil and two small braids in the front. She also had on clear, sparkled sandals and black tights.

As the crowd, including Ash, began to cheer for her, she picked up the microphone and grinned. "Hello, Coumarine! Who's ready for a great performance!?"

Everyone went wild. "WE ARE!!"

"Alright then, let's start it off simple!" She tossed out two Pokeballs, her Glaceon and Zoroark appearing at her side. Glacey was wearing a pink veil as well, with her new purple ribbon on her tail and a pink bow on her chest. Zoroark had on his new red cuff bracelet, as well as a red ribbon on his tail and his usual blue hair bead was replaced with a pink one.

"Glacey, use Aurora Veil! Zoro, use Swords Dance!" As a blue mist formed above the performer, Zoroark spun around the other two, swords appearing and spinning with him.

"Now, Ice Beam and Dark Pulse!"

The Zoroark's move caused the lights to be fully blocked out, and everything went cold with Ice Beam. Then...

"Flamethrower! Heal Bell!"

A powerful blast of fire erupted from Zoroark's mouth as he overpowered the dark, making all the Ice Beam's floating snowflakes become shimmering glitter. Then Heal Bell cleared it all away, leaving the three in perfect formation.

The audience roared with applause, causing the girl to bow. "As always, an incredible performance from Mademoiselle Zenith. There will never be another Kalos Queen quite like her!"

Zenith waved as she walked offstage, but not before noticing three empty seats near the front. However, an Azumarill was near the base of one of them, which waved at her.

She was thrust into her dressing room before she could fully process this, however, and the first round began.

"You have ten minutes to style your Pokemon! Time begins now!" On stage, hidden behind box-like structures, were Jessie (disguised as her performing persona 'Jessilee'), Shauna, and a girl named Alouette.

Minutes passed before the large hourglass was empty. "Time is up!" The three ladies emerged, showing off their Pokemon. Jessie's Pumpkaboo was in a huge black costume, Shauna's Bulbasaur's bulb was made into a beautiful bouquet of flowers, and Alouette's Furfrou was given the Pharoah trim.

"Now, use your glow sticks and choose the winner!"

As expected, Shauna won, though it was a close match between her and Alouette.

"Would our next three ladies come out?" It was Serena's time to shine!

She, clothed in her new dress and hair tied up in a pink ribbon, stared worriedly at Fennekin. However, the Pokemon grinned, causing her to relax a bit. "We can do this."

As the time began, she spent all ten minutes styling Fennekin as well as she could, finishing it off with the Pokemon's new pink ribbon around her neck.

When time finished, she and her Pokemon stepped out onto the runway. The crowd seemed to love it, and they continued forward happily.

Just as they neared the end, Fennekin tripped over the long ribbon, scattering the rest of her decorations. Serena collapsed to help her Pokemon and ensure she wasn't hurt, but after a moment of looking up to the displeased crowd, turned away and embraced her Pokemon in devastation.

The other two performers received massive support because of this, and Serena watched as she took a heavy loss. Tears in her eyes, she lifted Fennekin up and fled the stage. In the dressing room, she practically ripped off her performance clothes before changing back to normal and heading out to see Ash and the others in shame.

She sat between Zenith and Bonnie, the latter gave her a small hug, the other seemed distracted. They watched as Shauna won the next round, Freestyle, with flying colors, thus earning her first Princess Key.

~

It was night, and Serena was on the dock, overlooking the water. Her Pokemon had followed her questioningly.

She suddenly burst into tears, falling to the dock's planks in a heap. Fennekin and Pancham tried to comfort her, patting her and trying to reassure her, but it didn't help.

"My mother... was right... when... she said... I'd... never be... a performer!" She said between sobs, covering up her face. "Everything I do, I fail at, and then give up on! I'll.. I'll never make it..."

"With that attitude, you're right." A voice from behind Serena caused her to whirl around. It was Zenith, who held a hand out to her. "The number one thing about being a performer is you don't get good overnight, and sometimes loss is inevitable. You made a mistake, so now you must learn from it and try again."

Serena wiped her eyes before taking the Kalos Queen's hand. "Y-you really think I can ever win?"

"If you keep trying, of course. Now, I have to go, but remember what I said. There's another showcase in Dendemille Town, which is only a few towns away. I'm sure in that time you can improve. Bye!"

And with that, she was gone. A ghost of a smile appeared on Serena''s face.

"If even the Kalos Queen herself still believes in me, then we'll keep going." She shared a hopeful and determined look with her Pokemon.

Suddenly fearless, she reached into her bag and pulled out a pair of scissors. "This is a new age for us. And what's a new age without a bit of a new makeover?"

~

Ooh, who does that Azumarill belong to? Why is Zenith suddenly so distracted? And, Serena's epic fail in the showcase was, of course, inevitable.

Tune in next week to find out!

Goodbye for now, my lovelies,

Zenith