Opening Showcase

A/N: Ash, Serena, Bonnie, and Clemont are on their journey through Kalos when they meet the Kalos Queen and Champion (who isn't Aria or Diantha!)

Let me know if you like it!!

~

"What's the big deal with this Pokemon Showcase thing?" Ash asked as he and his friends: Clemont, Bonnie, and Serena, as well as her acquaintance Shauna, began walking towards the Pokemon Showcase Theater.

"Only the Kalos Queen will be making an appearance! She's so cool, and one day I want to succeed her!" The brunette exclaimed, trotting happily towards the building. "Come on, we gotta get good seats before they're all filled!"

Serena shook her head at Ash. "She's so determined to be a performer, I wish I was as sure of my dreams!"

"Well, my dream is to become a Pokemon Master, and I have to beat all eight gyms to do that! Why couldn't we continue going to Coumarine City instead?" He complained, though she knew he didn't really mind the detour.

"Oh hush, don't you know? The Kalos Queen is also the Champion of Kalos!" She explained, which definitely caught his attention.

"Why didn't you say so!? Let's hurry up!" He ran after Shauna, causing the other three to laugh. Serena, Bonnie, and Clemont followed their friends inside.

~

"Zenith, you're on in five!" The showcase assistant said as he lightly knocked on the Kalos Queen's dressing room door.

Inside, she looked at the mirror one last time. Her shiny Gardevoir was adorned with a black bow in her hair, while her trainer was in a dress. It was white at the top, but the skirt was black and puffed out from her hips. Her honey blonde, pink-highlighted hair had just been brushed and had a similar black bow in it.

"Ready?" She asked the Pokemon, who nodded solemnly. Zenith smiled before standing up, stepping out of the dressing room with Gardevoir beside her.

They could already hear fans cheering, and she looked over to see the performers waiting in anticipation. They waved sheepishly at her, and she grinned back. "Good luck, everyone!"

The assistant lead her to the stage, where she could hear the full roar of the crowd. "Zenith, Zenith, Zenith!" They chanted.

She took the microphone off the stand and looked around. "It's a pleasure to be here everyone! Welcome to the Lagoon Town Pokemon Showcase!" As her fans cheered, practically screaming, Zenith grinned.

Tossing the microphone aside, she turned to Gardevoir. "Use Light Screen!"

A pink wall surrounded the two, and the Champion reached up to her bracelet, adorned with a red, white, and green stone. "Gardevoir, let's give the people a real show! Mega Evolve!"

Suddenly, the white-dressed Pokemon was enveloped in a rainbow aura, and when it settled, her dress and gloves were black, and her orange "heart" had opened up. She let out a joyous cry before beginning their routine.

The Mega Gardevoir used Psyshock on the barrier, making it explode in a wave of sparkling glitter. Then, she summoned Misty Terrain, filling the theater with a sweet scent and covering the stage in light pink mist.

A moon appeared over the two, and as Zenith began dancing gracefully around Gardevoir, the Pokemon reached up. The Moonblast settled into her palms before she sent it away over the audience, where it imploded to cover the audience in little stars.

Shauna, Serena, Ash, and their sibling friends were enthralled by the performance. She and her Pokemon are so in sync! Serena admired. I wish I could do that...