100k Special- Meet the Author!

First off, 100,000 reads!? WHAT!?

You guys are crazy, in the best way. I started writing this series with some friends, just for fun, in middle school, and here we are today, only a few years later. It's been a crazy ride with a lot of bumps along the way, but I never thought we'd make it to a milestone like this.

From the bottom of my heart, thanks, everyone!

Zenith: Hope I'm not late to the party! I brought snacks!

(She proceeds to dump out a bunch of jumbo-sized chip and cookie bags from her backpack)

Me: Zeni... You're the first one here.

Zenith, looking around: ...Oh. Well then, hi everyone! It's not every day you get to meet the author, is it?

Me, realizing I'm on camera: Whoops. I thought we agreed I stayed out of the spotlight? Like as a disembodied voice?

Zenith, pushing me forward: Come on, Kaia! You've been my manager for years! Let the people see you for just a bit. Even Silvermoon and her cousins have shown up with us and our cousins, and she's their manager! Y'know, an awesome behind-the-scenes person who make our stories heard?

Me, reluctantly: Okay, okay, but you know I'm not nearly as good at this thing.

Zenith: Yet you can act on stage just fine!

Me: Because I have rehearsed lines and I'm playing a character! That's why I made such a good agent- I can be your media presence so you don't have to take the time to write down all your adventures yourself. It's like I'm the person you hired to take care of your social media account.

Zenith: Semantics. Say hi to everyone already!

Me: Fine... Hi everyone. You're probably slightly familiar with me, but here's the full experience out from under Zenith's shadow, I guess, haha. So anyways. My name's Kaia- you pronounce it like the boy's name Kai with an "uh" sound at the end. You wouldn't believe how many people get it wrong at first, so I'll clear that up now.

Zenith, eating popcorn: Go on.

Me: What else is there to say? I already gave a huge thanks to all the lovely readers for sticking around for so long, as well as said hi to any new fans who just picked up the story. I'm not that interesting, unfortunately.

Crystal, poking her head in the window: That's not true! Also, hi everyone! I brought cupcakes!

Shadow, opening the door for her from the outside: Don't go in the window, you cretin.

Zenith, welcoming both of them: Come on in! We're letting the author have her fifteen minutes of fame.

Me: Ugh, you guys... All the stuff about me is in my bio! If anyone really wants to take time away from the reading experience and learn about me, they're welcome to, but we shouldn't force it.

Crystal: Come on, Kai, they can handle it! This is a big moment for all of us! How else would we celebrate other than showing off the person who made it all possible in the first place?

Me: Okay okay okay, I'll do it. We're already at 500 something words so we may as well get to the point.

Zenith: That's my girl!

Me: Alright, let's see. I'm in high school now, I'm a big fan of theater and musicals, reading, writing, and sometimes gaming, especially Pokemon, Mario Kart, Mario Party, and Minecraft. I'm blonde with hazel eyes and a few freckles, but I really hate the "dumb blonde" stereotype- it's just not true most of the time. Hm... I'm one of the only quiet, "good" students in my classes a lot of the time, but I have a circle of close friends and get pretty talkative there. My taste in music is a weird mashup of instrumentals, Vocaloid songs (mostly by IA), early 2010s pop, Billie Eilish, Joji, and Touhou and Undertale remixes.

Shadow: Don't forget that "wholesome parrots dancing" trend from 2019. You still listen to that to this day.

Me: It's REALLY good, okay? And cute.

Zenith: I agree! Anyways, you wanna show them your Pokemon team?

Me: Oh right, I guess I probably should. You guys have already seen Silv and her cousins' full teams, too. Man, I really am late to the party...

(I grab all my Pokeballs and release them one by one)

Me: Here's my team, which you might get to see more of in an upcoming story I'm working on with my friends. This is Absol (Chasm), Espeon (Sunne), Decidueye (Firfeather), Lycanroc-Midnight (Crescent), Latias (Streak), and Latios (Strike). I also have a few other teammates for doing performances, including my Vivillon (Rosewing) and Aurorus (Crest).

Crystal: There, now that wasn't so hard, was it?

Me: I guess not.

Atlas: Heeeeeeeellllooooooooo, everyone!

(She notices the camera)

Atlas: Ooh, am I interrupting something?

Me: Nah, perfect timing! Come on in.

Zenith: You must be the author's best friend. I've heard so much about you!

Atlas: And I, you, Miss Zenith! So, what's up?

Me: We hit a hundred thousand reads on Pokemon: The Queen of Kalos! I was thanking the readers and giving them a teaser of our new story, showing off my team and whatnot. So, everybody, meet one of my besties that I'm going to be collaborating with soon! Atlas Astra!

Atlas, turning toward the camera and waving: Yo.

Crystal, glancing at the camera: Oh gosh, guys! We're almost out of time. You all should wrap this up.

Me: Already? Pine hasn't even arrived yet!

Zenith, checking her phone: Apparently she's in the middle of training with some high-profile names and couldn't make it. Don't worry, the readers already know her plenty well.

Me: Alright, I guess that makes sense. You heard it here first, folks. It's been great having you.

Atlas: Don't be surprised if you see me around more often, too!

Zenith: From the bottom of all our hearts, thank you!

Shadow, waving without looking up: Mhmm.

Crystal: You could sound a little more enthusiastic, Blaze!

Me, with an exasperated look: Catch you guys later. Kaia, out.