A Series of Sharp Cracks!

I decided to release early since I finally chose the names! Plus, I can download images again! So enjoy on rare early upload!

From the title I think you can guess what happens in this chapter! Once you read through the chapter and the names are revealed, the winners will be announced below! Thank you so much to you few that entered, all of your name suggestions were *chef's kiss* amazing!

~

Zenith looked down, shocked, to see a crack had appeared on her egg. "Oh!" Quickly, she set it down on the ground, stepping backwards before squatting down beside it.

Only a little ways away, the eggs in Ash, Crystal, Pine, and Shadow's hands began to also hatch. They each set their eggs down beside Zenith's and watched in anticipation.

Despite not being the first to start hatching, Ash's egg was the first to reveal itself, a Noibat just as Shadow predicted. It grinned as it saw Ash and Zenith's Noivern, who both welcomed it with open arms.

Next were the Eevees, all hatching from their pale gray eggs within moments of one another. Zenith's popped out first, quickly followed by the other three sisters' ones. "Eevui!" Zenith's Eevee cried, jumping into lap. The honey blonde embraced her new partner, heart melting, before the hatchling leapt onto her shoulder.

"Hey, your Eevee's standing in the same place Ash's Pikachu perches on him!" Clemont noted.

Zenith chuckled. "Yeah, you're right! Now, what to call you... How about... Star?"

The bright blue-eyed Pokemon grinned and nodded, yipping approval.

"Okay, Star it is!"

The other Eevees looked up to their new trainers as well. "Eeeee!" Crystal's shouted, jumping into her arms and nuzzling her.

"I know! Your name will be.... Melody!"

Meanwhile, Pine's Eevee shook its fur out, which puffed out in all directions like a cotton ball, though some still hung in her face. "Vui! Eevee, Eevui!"

"Hey Eevee, great to meet ya!" The heterochromatic brunette exclaimed as she lifted the silver ball of fluff into her arms. The Pokemon swatted her paw out, knocking Pine's hat off her head, wiggled from her grasp, and landed in the hat. Pine laughed and lifted up the hat with Eevee in it. "Want me to carry you in here? Alright..." She looks at the shiny sparkles, an idea forming in her mind. "Pepper!"

The fourth Eevee, unlike his siblings, didn't immediately jump into his trainers arms. His fur was a darker gray than the others, as well. He stared at Shadow curiously, almost as if sizing her up. "...Eevui...?"

She took a deep breath and gave her best gentle smile. "Hi Eevee... I'm glad you finally hatched. We'll grow to be partners and friends; doesn't that sound nice?"

"Eee," he growled, fur bristling as he stepped back, nearly tripping on the broken eggshells.

Shadow patiently held out a hand and stared into the hatchling's dark shade of deep blue eyes, who immediately averted them and looked away. "I want to help you, but you have to trust me first, okay, little one? I don't want to hurt you."

"...Ee... vui..."

This time, he didn't try to run away when she reached toward him, this time successfully stroking his fur. "There you go, buddy. It's alright..." She slowly lifted him up, their eyes meeting fully this time. Bright grass green to a dark cobalt blue. "One day, we'll be the best partners the world has ever seen, okay? I promise."

"Wow," Crystal whispered over Pine's shoulder. "Blaze never makes promises... and she's never that quiet and kind. I guess working with Pokemon brings out her soft side, huh?"

"Definitely," the brunette murmured in response, petting Pepper's fur.

Somehow, Shadow managed to hear them, shooting a death glare over her shoulder before returning her attention to her new teammate. "Ignore them, Nyx. It's just you and me- and the rest of my team- against the rest of them for now. You ready to take on the world?"

"Eevee!" Nyx exclaimed, taking one more moment to be hesitant before shaking his head and leaping onto Shadow's head, nestling himself in her hair and draping one of his paws over her forehead. "Ee Ee, Eevui!"

"Awwww," Bonnie exclaimed, "They're so cute! And you gave them such pretty names!"

Serena let out a huff. "Hardly!" She looked ready to keep talking about them and complaining, but the girls sent her a glare that luckily shut her up. She let out a hmph and rolled her eyes.

Now with the four shiny Eevees and Ash's Noibat happily bouncing beside them, flapping its small wings excitedly all the while, our heroes set off once more.

~

A HUGE thank you to LunaLovesPokemon for Star's name, Pikapen for Melody's and Pepper's names, and RedTheWyvernLol for Nyx's name!!(I got them mixed up before, sorry!) It was hard to choose only four from all the suggestions you three left, so thanks a ton, you guys!

Luckily, Zenith's Noivern being present helped calm Noibat down and prevented the whole Supersonic fiasco that occurred in the anime, but not even their presence can ward off all problems!

Goodbye for now,

Zenith