A Little Bit of Teamwork

Instantly, Ash sent out Talonflame and Noibat, Red released his Charizard, and the Sawyers released their respective fliers- Shadow's Salamence, Pine's Corviknight and shiny Charizard, and Crystal's Dragonite.

"Go and find Team Rocket's balloon, okay? They couldn't have gotten too far away," the raven-haired boy instructed them. "Zenith's been taken along with Squishy, Dedenne, Bunnelby, Serena and Bonnie's Eevees, and Star, so be careful and make sure they're safe."

The three remaining Sawyers glanced between each other warily as their Pokemon flew away. "You know what this means if they drop anyone, right?" Shadow hissed.

"Sky would never let anyone, person or Pokemon, die when she has the chance to save them even if it means exposing us," Pine answered in a hiss. "Knowing Team Rocket and how often they screw up their plans, it's only a matter of time before their balloon malfunctions or their net snaps, and the only way she and those Pokemon are getting out is with magic."

"Doesn't she have her Pokeball belt with her, though?" Crystal countered in a whisper. "Noivern can fly, and Gardevoir and Espy's psychic powers are strong enough to keep them suspended in midair."

"You think that's what's on her mind right now!?" Shadow snapped. "No, I know my sister. She's just been snatched away by some bad guys again because we couldn't protect her, and now all she's thinking about is how to keep those Pokemon safe even if it costs her everything. I doubt she'd let anything happen, but imagine the same thing was happening to you except the net was going underwater. You'd transform to keep the others from drowning in a heartbeat, wouldn't you? Even if you had Vapor, Greninja, and Azumarill who could help them swim to the surface?"

Crystal nodded slowly, looking down.

"I know I'd do the same if it was me and the flames, and same goes for Pine with the earth. We're self-sacrificial by nature; if only humans could understand that instead of just thinking we're all evil and perfect as slaves, but- that's not the point. Sky's been kidnapped. Let's go save her!"

By the others, Quilladin, Chespin, and Pancham had been fighting, but Ash interrupted them and said they should all go look together. Releasing their starters, the remaining Sawyer sisters nodded and ran in the direction Team Rocket's balloon went. Chespin and Quilladin both looked up at Pine and her Chesnaught with stars in their eyes, temporarily forgetting about their own rivalry as they were inspired.

Surprisingly, Crystal was leading the pack, her and Greninja's minds united on saving her sister that she was beginning to feel the strength and speed of her own Pokemon for herself, clutching Melody close to her. Shadow wasn't far behind, Delphox at her side sweeping her fiery wand to clear dead branches and leaves from their path without setting the forest on fire, concentrating the small blasts to merely reduce them to ash, completely disintegrated, and then go out.

Hold on, Sky... We're coming for you.

~

Zenith held everyone in the net close, shaking with fear and anticipation, though she tried not to show it. The others were much the same, but Bunnelby curled the tips of his ears like fists and wrapped his teeth around the net, beginning to gnaw through it. Her heart lurched as one by one, the ropes began to snap, the net shaking in the air.

Far below, they were passing over a body of water, which meant...

"Bunnelby!" Zenith whispered, "You're a genius!" But the things in my bag... My Pokeballs, the tent, the food, not to mention my phone and Pokedex... And that's not even considering how high up we are! A free fall from this high up will be like landing on solid concrete! I'll have to slow us down. Hopefully the jump will have everyone else preoccupied.