Sawyers Reunited! Sorta.

MY FIRST SEMESTER IS FINALLY OVER! Now, awkwardly meeting all my new teachers starting Tuesday, sounds like a blast... With that aside, here's the next one:

Up ahead? A mini-tour of the official Sawyer residence! I have a whole map drawn out for the layout, but it's a little too messy to post here eheheh. Anyways, enjoy the chapter!

~

"I told you Ash, I'm fine now! And seeing that both Yuki and Blaze have checked in and my interview is over with, I see no reason to aimlessly walk the streets!" Zenith cried. "Why don't we go to the mansion?"

"What!? A mansion!?" Ash yelped. "You guys live in a mansion!?"

Red nodded. "Thanks to their high positions, the four Sawyer sisters have quite a fortune to spend on their living space, even if they aren't always around to be there. Technically they inherited it from their mother, but after what happened to her and the sisters were old enough to move away from Sycamore, they brought the place back to its former glory."

"Wow! So cool!" Bonnie gushed. "You've gotta show me around!"

"Of course, Bons! Trust me, we have plenty of time to show you around before nightfall, and then tomorrow Ash can challenge Clemont at the gym, and to finish it off we have our concert!" Zenith exclaimed, flashing her Key Stone at a large gate before it opened.

The three that had never been there gasped. Even Serena looked impressed, though she tried to hide it. "You live here!?" Ash gasped. The grand foyer was, as the name implied, grand, with a few hallways branching off that lead to the kitchen, dining room, and what appeared to be a library.

"Yes, we've been over this. Better catch up, Ashie," Shadow deadpanned. She took off her coat and set it on the rack by the door before running down the halls and out of sight.

"Where's she going?" Bonnie asked, looking like she wanted to follow and explore the whole place.

"That's our Blaze," Zenith chuckled. "She's probably running to put away her things before plopping onto the couch to play Smash Ultimate like always. Come on, if I'm right she'll be in the lounge in her wing."

Even Bonnie seemed faint. "She has her own entire wing? I think I'm going to cry."

Pine reassuringly patted his shoulder and they began to walk through the house, passing dozens of closed doors, priceless paintings and framed photographs, including a few of the Sawyer family. This was the first time Ash, Serena, and Bonnie were able to see what the quadruplets' (and the brother they had previously met's) mother, father, and younger sister. However, on most of the pictures, the face of their father was crossed out or covered with something else.

"Crystal looks the most like her parents and other siblings, and Zenith doesn't look too different either. My question is how did Pine and Shadow get such dark hair when everyone else is blonde?" Ash mused, tracing his hand along the walls.

Zenith stopped for a moment as she stared into the next picture, which had all eight Sawyers smiling in a big group though everyone was much younger, and this time their father's face wasn't crossed out. "He used to love us. He used to be happy," she murmured.

"Where did we go wrong, sis?" Crystal whispered, not meeting anyone's eyes. She looked on the verge of tears, and after a moment Red pulled her into a hug so she wouldn't start crying.

"It was never your fault, Yuki," Pine reassured, resting her head on her sister's shoulder. "Something happened that made him turn on us, that's what mom always said. Some otherworldly source that ruined everything."