A Save, a Call, and the Start of a Battle!

Expect delayed updates for a while, things are kinda chaotic right now and I haven't had much free time :/

~

Our remaining heroes ran after the others, knowing Team Flare, whether it be the same group or another, would be after Squishy at any cost. Soon, they heard the sound of explosions, attacks hitting one another in huge bursts. While the others stared at it in awe, Zenith ran ahead toward the sight. She burst past the trees to see the Zygarde core surrounded on a steep, rocky incline, with Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie nowhere in sight.

Bryony had brought out her Bisharp, while Sneasel and Houndour trapped it. As Bisharp went to attack Squishy, it concentrated hard and began glowing green, a barrier appearing around it before a huge shockwave went out in every direction. Green figures across the entire forest appeared, shooting through the night sky and illuminating it in eerier green.

The creatures all came to Squishy, absorbed into it as it began to grow and shift forms. It emerged a dog-like black-and-green creature, covered in hexagonal cells and scales. The members and scientist of Team Flare along with their Pokemon were awestruck, but Bisharp growled and tried to attack.

Squishy, transformed into 10% forme, let out a roar to the sky, green collar's end whipping in the wind as the red core glistened. It prepared to fight the opposing Pokemon, and win, too.

"Whaaat!? I was not told about this!" Bryony exclaimed. Narrowing its eyes, Squishy sent a powerful Land's Wrath through the ground, causing it to break and explode beneath the other Pokemon's feet, sending them flying into the air. "Alright! Retreat!"

Zenith watched as Squishy sent all the cells back to where they came from, returning to its form as a single core again before collapsing on the rock. Looking around to make sure no one had seen her, she hopped across the small stream, using a boulder in the middle to avoid wading through the water, and lifted the Pokemon up.

Star nudged Squishy with her paws, her mumbles sounding concerned. It was shaking, eye shut tight and covered in bruises. A moment later, she heard breathing from behind her, turning around to see Bonnie, Eevee, and Dedenne running toward them. "Up here!"

Gasping, the girl looked up at them before jogging up the slope. "It's Zenith and Squishy!"

"What's going on around here!?" She heard Clemont from not far away, Serena and Red by his side as they ran into Pikachu, Ash, Sawyer, Grovyle, the sisters, and their Pokemon.

"Serena, Clemont, Red!" Ash called out, skidding to a stop.

"Hey, are you alright?" Sawyer asked.

"Where'd they go!?" Pine shouted.

"I don't know, but they're not here!" Clemont replied, worry for his little sister clear.

Zenith shook her head. "Guys, c'mon, we're over here!" Bonnie had lifted Squishy into her arms, the red cell on its body glowing as it began to heal. She hugged the Pokemon tightly.

"Oh Squishy... I'm sorry. I won't let you go again," she promised.

The rest of the group finally came into view, relieved that everyone was okay. The sun was beginning to rise, the dark sky fading to a light blue as golden sunlight peeked over the hill. Ash looked over to the green-haired boy beside him. "Sawyer? Thanks for battling alongside me and my friends."

"I hope Grovyle and I were able to help you," he said, looking away.

Pikachu pumped its tiny fist into the air from Ash's shoulder, saying its name affirmatively. Ash mimicked the gesture a moment later. "Hah, of course you did!"