Scary House!

It's Saturday once again, and that means time for the next chapter!

(Excuse any weirdness with this chapter; my computer and Wattpad are both being a little finicky at the moment so technical difficulties involving uploading images and saving chapters may occur. I'm trying my best to sort everything out.)

Our heroes have made it out of Lumiose and are on their way to Dendemille Town! But of course, there's a certain place they're bound to run into on the way...

~

Things could not get worse for our heroes. They had passed the same landmarks at least three times in the dense forest, and the rain was pelting down, a relentless storm not giving an inch for the weary travelers. Zenith squinted, once again wishing sorcery wasn't illegal so that she could unleash one big blast of wind and get rid of the clouds and rain.

To make it worse, Serena had been making up ghost stories, which seemed to be spooking Clemont and Ash, even though it was obvious she just wanted attention. "The Scary House?" The "worst experience of your life?" It was crazy- Serena was crazy! She wanted to tell the girl off.

Alas, Zenith was stuck marching through the mud with her head down, hardly able to see in front of her. "We're so lost," she muttered. "I wish we could find some sort of shelter."

"Uh, sis?" Crystal prompted, pointing forward. "Look!" Everyone looked forward to see a house...

They collectively sighed in relief and hurried over. As soon as they stepped foot on the porch, an old man opened the door with a smile.

"Oh, you poor things! You must be freezing out there, come in!" He gestured to a small cart beside him, which held exactly nine towels. Zenith took one gratefully as she stepped inside, but began to wonder. Wait, there were nine towels... there's exactly nine of us. Weird... "Oh, miss? Is there something wrong?"

Zenith was a little startled that he so easily noticed her apprehension, but she shook it off and chuckled nervously. "Nope, just very thankful for the towels," she reassured him as she dried the water droplets from her clothes.

He nodded. "Alright then. Come, come, I have some dinner waiting. In here," the man said as he led them to a room where nine plates of food sat. Once again Zenith was suspicious, but she took her seat and began to eat. At least the food is good and warm.

Ash looked up at the man. "Wait, aren't you gonna eat?"

"I've already eaten," he informed them. "My name is Lon."

As she was about halfway through, Zenith looked up to see the chandelier shake, and the lights flickering. Wary, she pulled the silver egg closer to her chest and continued eating. She was still somewhat apprehensive, but not nearly as scared as the others seemed to be.

Once everyone was finished eating, Lon told them to go to the living room while he made tea. On the way there, Ash came up beside Zenith. "Lon's a pretty nice guy, huh?"

"Yeah... but something doesn't feel right," she replied slowly. "It's supposedly called the Scary House, like Serena said, right? It can't be without a reason..."

They continued walking, not noticing Bonnie wander off. The young blonde ended up in a room full of toys, but when she reached out to touch them, they began moving on their own. Suddenly, a Gastly, Haunter, and Gengar revealed themselves to her, where she began to play with them.

Ash looked back. "That makes sense, right Bonnie?" However, she wasn't there.

"Where's Bonnie!?" Clemont yelped, suddenly looking around in fear.