A Familiar Face

Here's the first of the two character inserts, who'll be with our heroes for a few chapters.

(Future edit! If you see a bunch of updates like this one in your notifications, know I'm adding a bunch of chapter images to those missing them, so don't worry about me suddenly changing up the plot on you or anything!)

~

The group waited until the chaos cleared to meet up outside, everyone complimenting the sisters for their elaborate routine. Serena spat something about foul play and it all being Jessilia's fault for ruining her outfit on the way out, but no one listened to her, too caught up in the buzz of excited chatter.

No one paid attention until Miette came up behind her, causing the group to look at the two girls. "It's Miette," Serena groaned.

The blue-haired girl jabbed a finger in the direction of the younger Sawyer sisters, then at Serena, and finally at Zenith. "I may have lost today, but I'll win the next time, and the time after that, until I can challenge you all in the Master Class and become Kalos Queen!"

"I'm sure you will; like I'm that easy to beat," Zenith shot back with a challenging smile.

"I'll see you then, just you wait!" Miette retorted with a cocky smile. "Serena, I bet we'll be seeing each other at the next few Showcases, so I'm going to at least make sure I beat you."

"No, I'll be the one beating you!" The honey blonde retorted, and the two of them laughed and shook hands. But then Miette pulled Serena in close to whisper in her ear, and from the way Serena's face immediately turned into a blushing mess, it didn't take a genius to guess what Miette had said.

Zenith put a hand to her own ear. "Sorry, could you repeat that?"

The girl paled as she stepped away from Serena, avoiding eye contact with the Kalos Queen. She sent a nervous-but-still-flirty wave at Ash. "See ya later, Ash!~" And then she bolted.

"O-ok, Miette, take care?" The boy replied in confusion, still denser than a bag of bricks, wondering why she and Serena were being so weird.

"Now, who's hungry?" Pine asked, leaning on Crystal. "That performance was fun, but now I'm starving!"

"Let's go find food! Last one to the cafe has to pay for everyone!" Zenith exclaimed, beginning to race off to where she knew the nearest one was located, the rest of the group too shocked to move for a few seconds before shouting and taking off after her.

However, they quickly stopped when they realized Zenith had accidentally bumped into someone also walking out of the performance hall, the honey blonde apologizing profusely as she helped the brunette girl up from the ground.

"I'm so sorry about that," she repeated as the others caught up. "I have a tendency to charge off and I wasn't looking where I was going- hold on a second..." Zenith stood back, studying the girl's face. Lightly tanned skin, hair in a high bun save for two bangs framing her face, soft brown eyes- they were wide staring back at her, as if in shock. "I recognize you from somewhere."

Pine walked over, slinging an arm around her sister's shoulder. "Sorry about Sky here, always running wherever we're trying to go to make a point- and to get the first pick for a meal, because apparently she didn't feel like paying." The heterochromatic Sawyer gave her quadruplet an unimpressed look before looking back at the newcomer. "So, you alright?"

Zenith nudged Pine off of her as she tapped her chin. "Rose, wait..." Her gaze continued to scan the young woman in front of them, dressed in a simple black hoodie and light blue jean shorts with a belt of six Pokeballs around them, black knee-high socks and combat boots.