Quilladin's Battle for Love!

Happy 2021 everybody! I'd say it's got to be better than the last, but time has shown there's no guarantee of that, so here's to hoping, at least. Now, about that Quilladin Zenith sent flying last chapter...

~

"So you're saying a lovestruck Quilladin fell from the sky and watched your Eevees perform?" Zenith asked, looking at Serena, Bonnie, and the twin Pokemon. "That's crazy... I'm glad no one was hurt."

"Eevee protected its twin before Chespin and Pancham jumped in, but it kept trying to use Rollout so we came for backup," Bonnie explained. Suddenly, from somewhere behind them, was the sound of Quilladin shouting its name, getting closer by the minute. "Hey, there it is again!"

Zenith quickly guided them back out to the field where Snorlax was dozing, instructing them to hide the Eevees behind it just as Quilladin burst from the trees, spotting Star and forming another Vine Whip heart.

Pancham and Chespin stepped out, using Stone Edge and Pin Missile to deter it. The attacks met in an explosion, and Zenith finally sighed in relief. I doubt it's still up and about after taking another attack like that... But then Quilladin came rolling out at high speed, knocking both her and the small Pokemon over, forcing Star to leap from her trainer's shoulders. Quilladin stood over the shiny partner Eevee menacingly, but instead of cowering, Star bared her teeth and bit its nose.

Jumping up, shocked and in pain, Quilladin scurried back away from her, cradling its nose. Zenith heard the others giggle from behind Snorlax, but that caught Quilladin's attention, and soon the Grass-type was Rollout-ing his way over, spotting Bonnie and Serena's Eevees once more. Now that it realized Star wasn't going to let herself get picked on- and wasn't at all interested in its moves- its attention was back on the twins.

Snorlax woke back up with all the commotion, rolling over before Red returned it to his Pokeball which he replaced on his belt. Bonnie's Eevee tried to protect Serena's, who was retreating back to its old timid ways again, but Quilladin stood much taller over them than it did with Star.

Serena's Eevee let out a cry before it suddenly created dozens of copies of itself over the field, and its twin followed its lead, also using Double Team. Quilladin was left very confused, but even more lovestruck to the point of fainting.

"Oh man, that Pokemon's out of control," Ash broke the silence. "Could that be the end of the battle?"

Serena ran forward and snatched up her Eevee before the others could say anything. "I can't believe it was hitting on you like that! My poor little darling; an ugly brute like that would never make a good partner for you! Green is not your color!"

"I'm just glad the Eevees are okay," Clemont said.

"Me too," Bonnie agreed, reaching down for her own Eevee to stroke the soft brown fur. It was looking rather sad now that its twin was gone, but brightened up as Bonnie pet it.

"We heard a commotion, what's going on?" Pine's voice echoed from the woods as the other three Sawyers emerged. "Woah, is that a wild Quilladin!? What happened to it!?"

Pancham and Chespin, who had gotten up, pointed to the evolved Grass-type and then at the Eevees. "Pancham pan."

"Chespin che che! Pin!"

"It is," Clemont answered the girls. "Quilladin showed up when Serena and Bonnie's Eevees were practicing their routine and fell in love, to the point of chasing us through the woods and attacking anyone who got in its way, but when they both used Double Team to create Eevee clones, Quilladin got so worked up with adoration it fainted."