Caveat of the Stars

Bit of an extra-long one in case I miss next week's chapter- I'm getting flooded with homework, it's not even funny. At least in the Pokemon world, there's no global pandemic and everyone is free to explore the world without the worry of getting sick.

~

That morning, everyone was up early, all getting ready for the day. Once they were all dressed, Zenith and Ash led them out of the Pokemon Center and down the streets, following the large pink stone in the distance.

"That's the sundial! Professor Sycamore said he was going to come to Anistar City to research it!" Zenith told them, reminding them of what they had been told and then reminded of on the news that morning.

"And we're close!" Ash exclaimed. "I'll get to tell him about all the gym badges I've gotten, and all the new Pokemon I've seen!"

Suddenly, the sound of an angry woman screaming could be heard. It was coming from the direction of the sundial! "Everyone, let's go investigate!" She exclaimed, running toward the sound and arriving at the giant pink stone moments later. The professor and his assistants were there, while a woman with a Sigilyph attacked them.

"What's that!?" Ash wondered, while Zenith reached for her belt and everyone else caught up.

"What are you doing!?" She heard Sycamore ask. "That's dangerous!"

"This is a warning!" The young woman growled.

"Warning?" Sycamore asked, completely confused.

"To the one who will show the way! You were in Olympia's vision! I won't let you bring harm to Kalos!" As she got closer, Zenith saw the woman had red hair in ponytails and amber eyes. "Leave this place right now!"

She finally got around the pesky barrier, releasing her Gardevoir, Ash and the others behind her. "Professor!" She shouted. "What's going on!?"

"Hey!"

In front of her, Zenith saw the remains of what looked to be quite a lot of scientific machinery and tools, all broken into pieces. "What's going on here?"

The woman gawked at her after she turned to see the others. "I... can't believe it! All of you were from the prophecy! I knew it! You all came here to do no good!" She pulled another Pokeball from behind her. "Now Sableye, go! And get rid of these ne'er-do-wells!"

Zenith stilled as she heard the prophecy she mentioned. I knew that Olympia's fortune would stir up some trouble, but it hasn't even been a day!

"Now Power Gem!" The woman instructed, and Zenith ran with her shiny Gardevoir to get between her and the Professor.

"Gardevoir, protect the Professor with Light Screen, and counter it with Moonblast!" She instructed, glaring at the girl in front of them. "Don't you know not to attack those that are unarmed!? They haven't even done anything to you!"

Ash and the others finally got there, and Ash released his Frogadier alongside Pikachu who was already at his side to assist in protecting the Professor, using Water Pulse and Thunderbolt respectively. Together, the attacks managed to knock Sableye out.

"NO! Sigilyph, PYSWAVE!"

"Moonblast again! And Star, can you use Swift towards the Sigilyph?" Zenith asked her Pokemon, the shiny Eevee slowly nodding before summoning a bunch of stars that helped the Moonblast fly along, straight through the Psywave and into Sigilyph.

"Your attacks again, you guys, and make sure that Psywave gets destroyed!" Ash added, the Water Pulse/Thunderbolt combo one again combating the woman's plan.