Mission Save the Chief!

Last time we were gathered here, Hanzo, chief of Ninja Village, was kidnapped by an opposing band of ninjas, and now it's time to go find his captors and get him back! Enjoy; the ending especially is quite an important one, so don't miss it!

~

"I'm afraid Kagetomo and his henchmen kidnapped the Chief," Saizo informed everyone.

"No way!"

"Oh no!"

Ash asked who Kagetomo was, and Saizo explained that he used to be a resident of Ninja Village, a powerful ninja at that. He had been the man in the Haxorus mask. Everyone seemed worried that fighting him would be difficult, especially since he was supposed to be the next Chief before his role was revoked for plotting to take over the world, after which he left the village and vowed to become even stronger. Saizo had come to warn the village ahead of time after he heard what was being planned, but was too late.

"I hope he's okay; I can't bear to think of anything bad," Bonnie worried, hugging her Pokemon closer.

Zenith gave the girl a soft smile. "I'm sure it will be, you know why? Because we're all still here, and we've got teamwork, our Pokemon, and a goal ahead of us. Nothing's going to stop us from rescuing Hanzo. You guys with me?"

"Of course! We have to rescue the chief!" Sanpei exclaimed.

"I'll go, too!" Ash followed immediately after.

She nodded. "I like the enthusiasm, boys, but we can't go rushing off yet."

"We have no idea where Hanzo's being held," Clemont explained. "We'll need to find a way to track down where Kagetomo took him first."

Some of the villagers are tracking his whereabouts now," Ippei informed them, but Pine reached for her belt with a smirk. "It would be good to rest, but by tomorrow, our enemies will be expecting us to go after them. If we can find them tonight and launch a surprise attack, we could overwhelm them and take Hanzo back before the have the chance to do anything to him. And I have just the 'mon who can help us. Lucario, come on out, s'il vous plaît!"

The Anubis-like Pokemon appeared with a small flash of light, bowing to address the others in its presence.

"Lucario, we need your help. You remember Chief Hanzo of Ninja Village?" It nodded. "He was kidnapped by an ex-villager and we need to find him ASAP. Think you can help us out?"

Nodding, Lucario shut its eyes and focused on sensing the man. Everyone leaned in to watch the Fighting- and Steel-Type work, before it finally located him. "Otori Mountain," Lucario finally told them, able to speak to the humans through its aura. "I am sure it is him. Kagetomo and his henchmen are also there. It is not too far from the summit."

"Thank you, friend. Then let's go rescue him from the summit, now!" Ippei directed them. The group stepped out into the cool night air, making their way out of the village and towards where Lucario had found Hanzo's aura, the Pokemon itself leading them. It was only when it held up a paw and told them to halt that everyone noticed something off. A figure was moving through the darkness, pausing when it saw the group. It then turned to run, likely to alert Kagetomo, and that's when it was shot down by a powerful Extreme Speed. No one had even seen Lucario move; one second it was standing by its trainer's side, the next, it had knocked the figure out and set the person down in a rocky outcropping.

"That was one of Kagetomo's goons, I believe. Now that he is out for the count, none of their forces should be aware that we have arrived," the Aura Pokemon assured them, Pine giving it a scratch behind its ears.