Getting Ready for the Big Show!

You guys know what's coming up: the next Showcase! Finally, a time for the craziness of travels to cease for a bit while everyone dresses their best and works hard to show the world what their Pokemon can do! The sisters have been putting together their routines, but first, what will the introductory performance and, later, the first round consist of?

~

"Squee, we finally made it to Dendemille Town!" Zenith exclaimed as they entered, glad to be done with camping for multiple nights in a row. She loved the outdoors, but a girl needed her privacy and her luxuries sometimes! "And the Showcase is later today!" She immediately stopped walking. "IT'S TODAY! WE NEED TO GO GET READY!"

Along with Zenith, both Crystal and Pine had identical reactions, and Serena seemed to do the same. Shadow rolled her eyes, mumbling something about "not getting so worked up," before being dragged along to go get ready.

"Don't have too much fun without us, boys, and Bonnie! We'll save you seats!" Zenith cried over her shoulder before running off. The five girls, Serena at the back because she simply couldn't keep up with the more athletic girls, made their way through town until they reached the contest hall, which was swarming with people.

Inside, Zenith went up to check them in, pushing past the crowd with ease, and reluctantly also checked Serena in- as much as she disliked the girl, she wouldn't sabotage her chance at trying to perform.

"Wow, this place is so pretty! My Pokemon and I are totally gonna win our first Princess Key!" Serena remarked, not noticing Crystal having to kick her two sisters in the shins to keep them from adding a snide comment.

"Is that so, Serena?" A different, unfamiliar voice asked, shocking the *ahem* self-centered blonde. Serena spun around to see Miette, who was the short blue-haired, red-eyed girl she had formerly declared her rival at a PokePuff baking contest. "I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you." Beside her were her Slurpuff and Meowstic.

Serena internally groaned. "HUH!? What do you want, Miette?" Meanwhile, Zenith ensured everyone's registrations and started walking back over.

Just then, Miette reached out to toy with Serena's short hair. "Think this new haircut's gonna win the heart of your friend? I intend to compete and win, and maybe I'll win over Ash's heart on the way." She winked.

A slender finger tapped the back of Miette's shoulder, and when she turned around, Zenith was hovering over her with an unreadable expression. Miette visibly shrunk.

"O-Oh! Kalos Queen Zenith, i-it's an honor to meet you!" She curtsied.

Zenith resisted the urge to cringe at the behavior. "Pleasure's all mine," she replied dryly. "So, what did I hear about my friend Ash?"

"N-NOTHING!" Both Serena and Miette exclaimed at the same time.

This time Zenith nearly rolled her eyes. "Alright, well... Serena, you're checked in, so if I were you I'd go get ready." She turned away, leaving both embarrassed girls on their own- Miette ran off with her Pokemon after a few seconds. As soon as she made her way over to her sisters, neither Shadow nor Pine could hold back their snickers.

"They both actually think Ash would like them!" The noirette cackled as soon as they made their way down the hall, out of earshot.

"And that they're going to win the competition," Pine added. "With all three of us performing today, I have little doubt who's going to take the crown." She stopped at a door. "Well, Princess Key... Toodles, 'til it's time to perform!"

Zenith found her room and made sure the door was closed and locked, setting Star down. It was more spacious than most of the other rooms, but it was one specifically reserved for the Kalos Queen. She sifted through her outfits until she found the one she was looking for.

Perfect.

She took her time getting ready, wanting to be sure she looked her best. When Zenith was finally done, her honey blonde and pink hair was tied into nine long braids, each tied off with a golden ribbon. She wore a long, tight, yellow shortsleeve dress that had a fur sash around the waist and had a faux-fur scarf that draped over her shoulders and covered the back of her neck.

She also had on yellow gloves that began at her elbows, and flat red-orange sandals poked out from the bottom of her dress. Her makeup had been done, bringing out her long dark eyelashes, not to mention the golden eyeshadow and glitter that lightly decorated her face. To complete the look, she added dangling earrings with tourmalines in the center.

Beside her, Ninetales had the same kind of gold ribbons on each of her tails, red boots for her paws, and a yellow shawl. The Pokemon seemed satisfied with her look once they both finished, both turning to Star after a few moments. "And now, what to do with you..."

~

"And now, once again, an appearance by our own Kalos Queen! Miss Zenith, you have the floor!"

The audience was completely silent as they waited for the blonde to appear. A few moments passed before "Ninetales, use Fire Blast!" rang across the giant performing hall.

A large flame shaped like a heart appeared from the side and lit up the stage, and when it dissipated, Zenith was standing in her performance attire with Ninetales beside her. The change from usual was the silver-furred canine that followed her out.

"Now, Energy Ball! Star, Swift!" Ninetales formed a huge ball of nature energy before Star- who was dressed in a silver tutu with little stars all over her, a few diamonds adorning the platinum crown on her head- created a barrage of star attacks and send them at the Energy Ball, which exploded with the impact, launching more stars and sparkles over the audience.

Zenith did a twirl, Ninetales bounding beside her and Star leaping after them, before pointing her finger high in the air, and the spotlight turned on to illuminate her. She reached for the microphone. "Hellooooooo, Dendemille!"

"HELLO ZENITH!!!" Everyone exclaimed back.

"Ladies, gentlemen, boys and girls, Pokemon of all kinds, welcome! This Showcase will begin with... a Pokepuff-baking contest! One out of each group of performers will proceed! Good luck, and know I'll be happily awaiting the results!"

Then, she placed the microphone back, waved to the crowd, and stepped off the stage. Monsieur Pierre reassumed control. "These are out judges," he pointed to the three in chef's gear with their Pokemon beside them. "Our first performers, please! Begin!"

~

Oh Miette, you sweet summer child... Maybe bragging about how you'd win both the Contest and Ash's heart in front of a group of rather stubborn girls competing against you wasn't the best idea... Good luck anyway!

In one of the upcoming chapters, a special guest will get an appearance, depending on where I can fit them in. Stay tuned for that!