A smile grazes my face as I pull into my familiar parking space. I get out of my car and sigh in relief.

I'm back.

I walk up to my law firm and open the entrance. The familiar scent of lilies hits my nostrils. My face scrunchies in disgust, but then I'm brought to a smile. I open my eyes to see Jimin smiling back at me.

"So, today is the day huh?" Jimin asks.

"Yes, it is." I respond, "and I would have loved it if you didn't have the scent of lilies coming through your diffuser." My smile strains as I make eye contact with him.

"It's my favorite scent. I thought about how I could not welcome you back with my favorite scent."

"Jimin, I think a proper welcome back would be me cutting your pay a check or two. Now unplug it or change the scent." I demand. I continue to walk to the elevator, hearing a switch being yanked out of the wall and the muttering of my angry receptionist.

The elevator closes and in the blink of an eye, I'm on the main floor.

"Y/N!!" Someone screeches and runs to hug me. I freeze, they immediately let go.

"Sorry, I forgot." Seolhee puts her head down. Jin comes up behind her and rubs her back.

"Y/N, we're glad you're back." He says with a smile.

"Yeah." Seolhee agrees quietly, still looking at the ground.

"It's great to be back." I sigh and dismiss them. I start walking towards the meeting room.

It was empty.

I walk into the main room and I notice my blinds in my office are closed. I raise an eyebrow and walk towards my office. I notice the lights are off when I walk into my office. I turn on the lights.

"Surprise!!" I hear from my whole staff minus Jimin, with jazz hands accompanying them.

"I had thought you all were taking a holiday," I say with a smile and my hand over my heart. They all nod as they stand in front of my desk."Do I get a present?"

They continue to have big smiles on their faces as they part away from my desk.

"Surprise." They repeat, less enthusiastically. My face drops. There's a big pile of work on my desk.

"Leave," I whisper as calmly as possible. Everyone scrambles out of my office. Yoongi stays for a second.

"We're really glad to have you back," he says. I turn to glare at him and he runs away from my office closing my door behind him.

Now I see why they wanted me back. I'm out for three weeks and this is the greeting I receive when I come back.

I walk around my desk and sit down in a huff.

"There's no time like the present."

____________________________________________________________

I'm sitting at the kitchen table in my apartment staring at the wall. The trial is in two days and I don't know what to do. I take a sip of my coffee. My hands are shaking a little.

What if I can't win this case, I'll be made into a laughing stock. My life, my firm, and my employees are on the line. It's not just me. If I lose then he'll sue me for defamation.

I bang my head against the table and sigh.

Should I just not do it? Wouldn't that just be safe for everyone?