"I'll have a chocolate croissant with mixed berries and a Colombian blend," I ordered.

"Would you like cream and sugar?" The waiter asks.

"Yes, please."

"How many sugars, miss?"

"Six, thank you." The waiter turns to my companion.

"And what would you like, sir?"

"I'll have a cheese danish, avocado toast, and a mocha." He answers.

"Very well, I will be back when your orders are done." The waiter says.

"Thank you." He responds. The waiter leaves our cafe booth to go to the back.

"I'm surprised you were free today, Hoseok," I say to him.

"We had a fair amount of staff today. " He explains.

"Thanks for coming."

"I figured you'd need support before the trial. Jungkook told me you were anxious too. Also, I'm always down for food."

"You talk to Jungkook?"

"Yes."

"Since when did you two become friends?"

"Taehyung invited him on one of our guys' night outs last month. He's a cool dude."

"Interesting."

"When did you start calling him?"

"Two days ago. I needed a neutral outlook on the predicament." Hoseok sighed at my response.

"Look, Y/N, even though I didn't like the idea, I will still support your decision." I smile at his response.

"Thank you, Hoseok. You know, you're adorable when you're not acting like an asshole."

"I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that before I decide to fire you up on an important day like this."

"Why didn't you ask Namjoon to come?"

The hell...

"Where did that come from?"

"You know because you both are a thing now."

"A thing?"

"An item"

"An item?"

"DATING Y/N!! I swear, why are you so slow sometimes?" Hoseok lets out exasperatedly. My cheeks grow hot at his words.

Me and Namjoon? Not a chance.

The waiter comes back with our food and drinks. We thank him and he exits.

"Of course not," I say once I have gotten myself intact. "And, I didn't want to bother him at work."

"Then, why are you blushing?" Hoseok raises a brow. At least I thought I was intact.

"The cafe put the thermostat too high. They should get that check out." I lie.

"I'm not believing that for a second Y/N. I have seen the way you looked at each other. You two aren't fooling anyone, especially me."

"I am not lying when I tell you, we aren't dating."

"Yet."

"Now why would he date me?"

"I don't know, maybe because he took you on many dates and is continuing to come back for more?"

"But there are several women he could choose from. Hoseok, Namjoon is a young and rich bachelor. He wouldn't settle for a plain person like me."