I sit at the bar, waiting for the bartender to serve me.  As I wait for him, I admire the set up of the bar. It's in the back of the vast ballroom. It's right behind the vast dance floor of the ballroom. The bar's counter was made of sleek black stone with matching black tall chairs. They are circular ones, the kind that spin. The bartender sees me and makes his way to my side of the bar. His hair is gelled back and is wearing a simple white button-down. Over his top is a vest that is wrapped around him snugly. Lying on his neck is a silk black tie that is tucked into his vest. He has matching black slacks and shoes to go with his classy but simple outfit.

"Hello miss, what can I get you?" He asks when he reaches me.

"An appletini would be lovely." I answer.

"I'm on it." He says and moves to make the drink. After a few moments, he comes back with my drink and passes it to me. It was in a martini glass of course and it had a slice of a granny smith apple slice hanging off the side. It's contents had a tinted green hue and a low viscosity.

"Thank you." I say and he leaves to go and serve other guests.

I swish the drink around before taking a small sip.

So sweet.  This will probably be my drink for the night.

I take the apple off the side and finish it within a couple bites. I take another sip of my martini.

This will help me relax for sure.

I order a couple more glasses and vibes to the music playing. I sway back and forth, becoming one with the base. By the time I hit my fourth glass, I don't sip as often. By now I can feel the high of the alcohol, it makes my muscles loosen up. I'm far from wasted, but I do feel bubbly. Thanks to my high alcohol tolerance, I don't have much to worry about. Still, I don't want to get too far ahead of myself.

Who would take care of those knuckleheads if I don't?

  I look over my shoulder at the dance floor, I can spot my friends. Jimin is killing it on the dance floor trying to impress the ladies. His staff is left behind on a wall, forgotten as his owner tries to impress onlookers. Jin is trying to help Eunjung dance, it's pretty cute. She hesitates a little but Jin gives her encouraging words. Eunjung eventually unwinds and flows with the music. They take basic slow steps, swaying to the music. Hoseok and Seolhee are heating it up on the dance floor. They are very close, Seolhee facing away from him and him pressed to her back. They're a couple, what can you do? I'm glad they're enjoying themselves.

There are many reasons why I don't dance. First, I'm inexperienced. In college and grad school if I wasn' t studying  I was working to support myself.  I guess you could say my life was very demanding. Thus, I was unable to experience things that other young adults in college got to. These include dancing, clubbing, outings, and dates. If I got up now, I would embarrass myself entirely. Don't get me wrong, I have rhythm, I just wouldn't know what to do. Next, is that I am far too lazy. Dancing requires me to stand up and move, that sounds like a lot of work. The most important is unwanted hands. On the dance floor, a woman is very susceptible to them. It is likely that if I stepped onto the dancefloor, I would be a victim of someone's sticky hands. And that is what I hate most.

I look over my other shoulder to find Yoongi drinking at a table by himself. He looks into the crowd occasionally to check on everyone but mainly downs several glasses. They look like glasses of scotch. Guess I'm not the only one drinking by myself.

Parties aren't really his thing either huh? He's downing those drinks pretty quickly though....

I don't see Namjoon or Taehyung. I have to admit both, were looking extraordinary. They had two different auras going for them. Taehyung had a rebellious aura that gave the impression that he was rougher around the edges, in a hot way. He pulled off a side that was very unexpected of him though, he's always handsome. Namjoon on the other hand was very dashing, a sophisticated kind of handsome. I never thought he could look more good looking than he already was on the daily.