I step out into the night bare-armed. I can still hear the music from inside the party, significantly lower now. After I finished using the bathroom, I wanted to take a break from the party, clear my head. It's not too cold, just above 55 degrees. The vines help me stay warm through the gentle fall breeze. I walk towards the balcony's railing, concrete, and surface held up by thin greek pillars. Interestingly enough, it's the only place this isn't decorated.

Huh, no one was expected to come out here? Guess I'm the only weird one.

I cradle my arms and put my elbows on the concrete surface. I exhale and look up at the full moon, and the stars are cluttering it.

It's so beautiful.

"I expected you to be here." A deep voice penetrates my thoughts. I immediately know who it is by the sound of its hollowness. I turn around and smile at him.

"And why is that, Namjoon?" I raise a brow and flash a teasing smile. I lean my back on the concrete, my elbows supporting me.

"You're you." He smiles and walks to me. He stops in front of me, about a foot away.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Well, you don't seem like a party animal. You're a lady who appreciates a more low profile function. Maybe a small gathering, with alcohol involved, of course. I had to make my rounds since I am one of the hosts however, I still spotted you indulging yourself at the bar."

I blush, he chuckles at my reaction.

So, he was watching me? How can he prepare me so well?

"You're right on the bullseye. Those kinds of events seem more memorable to me. Large parties like this just don't do it for me." He nods at my response, and I pause. "So then why did you invite me?" Namjoon walks to a spot beside me and leans his side on the concrete, elbow giving him support as he is turned towards me.

"A couple of reasons. There's the fact that I have never met your friends except for Seolhee. You could say I was a bit curious of the kinds of people you associate with, in a good way, of course. There's the observation I made on our recent lunch out, that you've been stressed recently. I thought you could use a breather, even if it is a bigger function of which you are unfamiliar. Then, there's the most selfish reason of all; I wanted you to make my night."

"Oh, in what way?" I question, clearly not understanding where he's getting at. He stares deep into my eyes.

"Just seeing you makes my mood go up; you have that effect on me Y/N." I smile at his sweet comment.

"I'm unsure whether to take that as a compliment or an insult. I had no idea I was being used as an emotion stabilizer." I fake scoff.

"Neither, it's a fact. A power that only you possess." He chuckles. We lock eyes for a moment, and my heart skips a beat. "I already told you earlier, but I'll reiterate, you look stunning tonight Y/N." I blush once more, and he licks his lips.

I don't know why, but tonight he seems even more gorgeous. It's probably the alcohol.

Our trance is broken when a slower song is played, The Way by Kelani.

I love this song.

Namjoon stands up straight and offers me both of his hands.

"Care to dance, beautiful?" He asks with a hopeful smile.

Shit, I don't know how to dance. I don't think I could try either considering how many drinks I've already had.

I stand up straight, as well. I shake my head and wave my hands.