34

The car in front of me stops suddenly, forcing me to break painfully. My heart stops in my chest before I lean back in my seat, trying to recover from being shoved forward.

Way to go, buddy.

I glare at the car in front of me.

What is he even doing?

The man in front of me starts to turn the corner of the crosswalk we're at.

He stopped because he was afraid of missing his turn? He could've just passed it and worked his way back. Did he not think about the people behind him? Asshole.

I huff and continue driving, trying to let the disturbance roll off my mind.

I just don't understand people like that, they shouldn't be on the road if they are going to act this reckless.

I'm on the way to Taehyung's trial, hopefully, the last one. I didn't think I'd run into halfwits like that fellow who had the nerve to stop that hard. I continue to drive down this surprisingly quiet backstreet. As I'm driving a gigantic splurge of white covers the midsection of my front window.

I can't see a thing.

I try to use the windshield wipers but to no avail, it only makes the mess worse.

Shit.

I steer to the right in an attempt to pull over. My foot is lighter on the gas to make sure I don't crash. My car comes to an abrupt stop when I feel it collide with something in front of it. My body jerks forwards due to the impact and I immediately take my foot off the gas.

So much for not crashing into anything.

I unbuckle my seatbelt and get out of the car. Close the door and take in the scene in front of me. I look to the left and see a young tree that is slightly tilted now.

So that's what I hit. Well, more so tapped.

I look back at my car and examine the damage.

It's a small dent. The car hit the tree close to the corner but it didn't touch my lights, that's a good thing.

I then look at the window of my car. The white smeared mess had bits of brown and if I sniffed hard enough, it stunk.

Bird poop, I should've known.

I rub my forehead and sigh.

Guess I have to clean this up now.

I look around and see a small store a couple of meters away. I lock my car with my keys and walk towards the store. Once I enter, I grab some Windex and a jug of water.

Should I get paper towels? Nah I'm not wiping it.

I pay and exit the store. When I reach my car I spray the window with the Windex and pour the water on it. It manages to come off without even scrubbing.

Thank god.

I put the materials in my trunk and shut it. I head on back to the driver's seat and shut the door. I put the key in the ignition, and try to start the car. The car lets out a grunt and powers back off.

Oh no. Please, not today.

I hit my head on the steering wheel lightly.

Can we have something go right today??

I look at the time on my phone. I gasp.

I should be in the courtroom by now!

I rapidly get out of the car and shut the door.