"You will be receiving a settlement check of ₩118,771,000.00 ($100,000) from Ryu inc. Do you want the check sent in through the mail or do want to go to the company to pick it up?" I ask looking up at Taehyung. We are at the kitchen table at his house. I had to come over to discuss some documents with Taehyung. They entail how he would receive the money that was owed to him and go over other documents that needed to be dealt with. It's been two weeks since we won.

"I think I'll go up there to receive my check, I'd like to rub it in their face a little. Maybe I'll throw in a victory dance or two." He boasts.

"So, the mail is then." I write down in my notes.

"Y/N," Taehyung whines. "I want to gloat about our win."

"Taehyung, that's childish," I say, still looking down at the paper. I hear a chair scratch against the floor. I look up and see Taehyung walking over to me. He tries to reach for my pen.

"Give me the pen, Y/N." He reaches to grab it and I lean to the side. I stretch my arm out as far as possible to keep him from getting the pen.

"No." I laugh, continuing to stretch.

"Hand it over." He grunts, leaning over me.

"No." I get up and run to the kitchen sink. I watch Taehyung fall onto the chair. I burst into laughter as he lifts himself and towers towards me. I make a break toward the kitchen doorway so that I can escape to the living room. I am almost there when a body slides in front of the door, blocking my exit.

"Y/N give me a pen." He whispers gruffly and out of breath. "Now." I slowly stop laughing and look up at him. I'm hiding the pen behind my back. He stares deeply into my eyes.

Wow he looks almost ethereal

Neither of us says anything, both wanting to understand the aura in the air. There's this heavy presence between us, this gravitational pull that brings us closer to each other. I see Taehyung slowly getting closer.

All of a sudden, we hear a loud knock at the door. We both come back from the spell we were under and Taehyung backs away.

"Don't think we're finished here." He says. Another knock. "Uhhhh." He walks towards the door. "Who the hell is even visiting us in the middle of the day. We never have-" He opens the door then shuts it again. "Hell no, there's no way. My mind is playing tricks on me." I walk up to him at the door.

"Who is it?' I ask.

"Let me check again because I must be seeing things." When he opens the door again I see a lady. She looks familiar. Then I remember the picture in the living room.

It's his mother.

She looks the same in the picture, just older. Her long black hair is in tangles and bunched up at the back of her head. She wears a long tan trench coat and jeans. Her shoes were black pumps.

"Son, I've missed you." She cries and reaches her arms up to try to hug Taehyung. He backs away from her.

"Get off my porch, Serim." He says to his mother quietly. Anger is controlling his whole face.

"But son I wanted t-"

"You wanted nothing. If you wanted something from me you wouldn't have left me and my father. Leave our porch now!" Taehyung repeats.

"Honey please." She reaches out and grabs Taehyung's hand.

"Don't fucking call me that, Serim." Taehyung snatches his hands away from her. "Look I'm trying hard to not express my true feelings right now, so I'm begging you for your safety, leave my damn porch." Taehyung struggles to say. I've never seen Taehyung this angry before. His face is twisted and he has a hard frown. His eyebrows nearly touch each other because he's so angry.