"So, how long have you and my son been dating for Y/N?"

I spit out my water and shake my hands. Seolhee is cackling on the side and Namjoon goes wide-eyed. His mother looks just as surprised as Namjoon is.

What the hell?

"No no no, we're not-" I start. I grab a napkin and wipe myself off.

"Yeah we're not dating. Mom, how do you come up with that idea?" I hear Namjoon nervously laugh. I lower my head and feel my cheeks heat up. I can't look anyone in the eye right now.

This is chaotic. I never would've thought someone could ever see us as....

"We're just friends, just friends." I finally breathe out. His mother looks like she is going to say something, but the waiter finally comes.

Thank the Lord.

We're ordering our food. Ms.Kim is first and there's finally a moment so I can collect my thoughts and bring myself together. Seolhee is still giggling and I hit her. I glare at her so she can stop and she starts laughing.

I want to disappear into oblivion. I want to just die and go to heaven. What made her believe that we were dating.

The more I think about her question, the more embarrassed I feel. The heat in my cheeks rises to my ears. The temperature in the air feels like it's rising more and more. Then I look at Namjoon, he doesn't look like he is enjoying this either. I look up at the ceiling and take a deep breath. Finally, it was my turn to order. I gather up all my unsorted emotions and speak.

"I will have shrimp and fries please," I say. The waiter nods and moves onto Seolhee. She orders last. When the waiter leaves, there's a slight tension that settles over. No one speaks, everyone is in their own thoughts, until his mom thinks of something so say.

"Ms.Y/N are you sure you're not dating my son? Looking at the two of you, it sure looks like it. You've been practically flirting with each other since we walked in." I hear a choking sound coming from Namjoon. He choked on his water; his mother pats his back. "Son are you alright?" I seize the opportunity.

"I think I'm going to go to the bathroom. Seolhee?" She looks up at me with a light in her eye.

She's enjoying this.

She continues to stare at me as I nervously laugh. "Come on." I mouth at her. She finally gets the signal and stands up. We walked to the bathroom and I check to make sure it was empty.

"What the hell was that? How could she think that?" I ask.

"I mean, you guys were being flirtatious," she responds, smirking. I rush up to her from my side of the bathroom.

"No. We. Weren't" I cross my arms and she puts her hands up in defense.

"I'm no expert or anything, but the sexual tension could be crasher with a lobster cracker." She balls her hand into a fist and slaps it on her open palm to make a point. I rested my hand on my forehead.

What lifetime have I entered? I don't even think of Namjoon like that.

"I don't even feel that way about Namjoon, you know I see him as just a friend. I could've sworn I was acting like that."

"Y/N, you were staring into his soul and he was staring into yours. I know you weren't thinking about the food. So yes, you were flirting back." I look at her and snort.

"I don't even know how to flirt. Why do you think I've never had a boyfriend? I can't do something I don't know how to do." I let out a breath.

I really need this to be over.