Taehyung POV

I sigh in disappointment as I step onto the sidewalk in front of Y/L/N firm.

What am I going to do now? That was the last one in the city...

I make my way down the street to a convenience store.

I need a beer.

I purchase a beer and sat at an outside table. While I was chugging its contents, I get a call. When I answer it, I was met with the voice of one of my best friends.

"Hey man, what's going on? Sorry, I haven't been in touch like I wanted, Areum's been very clingy lately. She did the whole 'you've been working every day since we've gotten back from our honeymoon' lecture with me again." Seojoon says in frustration. I chuckle at this.

"I mean you are her man. I'd be upset if you came to me first. As for how I've been... I don't know man. Got some news. I visited the last firm in the city and at first, I was rejected. I tried to reason with the owner of the firm, who was also the one that looked over my case, and she said she'll think about it. When people say that usually means they'll politely decline later." I relay in frustration, ruffling my hair.

"Not always, you never know. We could always go back and increase what you're willing to offer."

"With what money? I already have to take out a loan if I were to pay the regular price."

"Mine."

"Um, no thanks. I can do this by myself."

"Tae, you know I'm always-"

"I know, but I need to do this by myself."

__________________________

I hop off the bus and start walking towards the repair shop.

If only there was a bus that stopped in front of it, but no public services couldn't do that now could they?

On Monday, one of the customers told me that something was wrong with one of my dryers. I had a home appliance mechanic come check it yesterday. To fix It though I had to get a certain part that they only have at this specific shop. The great thing is it's only a thirty-minute bus ride from the laundromat. So that's where I'm going today.

I walk past an area with a bunch of cafes and food places. I look over and smile.

Maybe I should go eat there one day, you know when I get enough money to do so.

I continue walking and turn a corner. I really need to hurry up and get back to the shop because I don't want to leave the dryer out of commission for too long. I need the business and this is not one of my most professional moments. I continue walking until I hear my phone ring and I look at the name that popped up. It's my father.

"You punk! You think you could fool me, huh?" My dad yells aggressively in my ear. I pull my phone away from my ear.

"What do you mean?" I asked walking into an alley near me.

"Son, why didn't you tell me about the laundromat?"

"How did you find out?" I say, starting to frown.

"Taehyung, how the hell do you think I found out. He called."

He? Uncle?

I roll my eyes and start pacing a little.

He didn't even answer when I called. So, why?

"Dad, listen," I start. "I didn't want to tell you because I knew you would be upset and would want to help. I can't have you injuring yourself again, I'll handle this by myself. I didn't want you to find out your best friend betrayed us." I feel my heart tint with anger at this.