After settling down in our rooms, we decide to relax and soak up the scenery. Towards dinner, we decide to grill.

"Y/N, go get some instant rice with Taehyung at the store," Seojoon suggests.

"You're lucky I am bilingual or else we would come back unsuccessful." I sigh. "Come on Tae," I call him and we go outside. I use my phone to navigate us to the local grocery store. We buy rice and leave the grocery eating ice pops. Taehyung seems down for the entire trip.

What's bugging him?

"Are you alright?" I ask him. He sighs.

"Yeah"

"Are you sure? You look like you have a lot on your mind."

"It's just....we have been inside all day."

"We all are tired from the flight and want to take it easy, it is only natural."

"I just thought we would be doing something extra."

"Extra? Like what?"

"I don't know, something big."

"It is pretty big that we are in New Zealand right now."

"Do you not know what day it is?"

"December thirtieth."

"Which is?"

"The day before New Year's Eve?" Taehhyung shakes his head in frustration.

"Nevermind!" He says and starts to pick up speed.

Poor Tae. Just bear it a little longer Tae.

I catch up with him and we eventually reach the house. We enter the house and it is completely dark.

"What is going on?" Taehyung asks in confusion. Quickly, I shut the door so that it is pitch black and scurry to the kitchen. "Y/N? Where did you go?" Taehyung walks to the kitchen, due to the fact he cannot find the living room's light switch and turns on the kitchen light.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAEHYUNG!!!" We all yell and pop poppers. Taehyung is dumbstruck and doesn't move.

"Is he okay?" Eunjung asks. Right after she says that Taehyung drops the bag of rice and holds his chest.

"You know, you guys are the worst! I thought you forgot about my birthday!" Taehyung says trying to put up a strong front with his eyes watering. Jungkook comes from behind the counter and embraces Taehyung. Taehyung hugs him back and buries his face in Jungkook's shoulder to hide his face.

"How could we ever forget your birthday?" Jungkook says to Taehyung. After a few moments, Taehyung raises his head and turns to everyone.

"Thank you all for this surprise. I am very glad to be friends with you all." Taehyung says.

"Awe, group hug!" Hoseok yells and everyone starts to circle Taehyung. I join in as well on the outer ring of the circle, with less contact. Namjoon stands outside the huge circle with his arms crossed.

"I'm fine," Namjoon says as we all look at him. Without consent, Jimin yanks Namjon into the group hug. "Cozy." We stay like that for a second and break apart when Seojoon yells, "CAKE!!!".

"Wait, when did you all get cake?" Taehyung questions.

"When we were out at the SuperMarket Tae," I answer.

"So that's why it took us an hour to get out of there! You were buying time! I knew it couldn't possibly take someone that long to decide on an ice cream flavor." We all laugh at his realization.