Taehyung POV

"Uncle, we are not selling the business. You know, the business you worked for your whole life? Does that ring a bell?" My father's friend, Kwon Byungchul, has been wanting to sell the business for a while now. He and my father were in a partnership for two decades. When my father was badly injured, he passed down his share of ownership to me. Knowing that we are partners, he decides by himself to sell it? What right does he have to sell a laundromat that he doesn't even tend to anymore? Yes, a laundromat. Kim's Laundromat, not Kwon's Laundromat. For as long as I am a Kim, I refuse to sell this property.

"Taehyung, please? I'm tired of running this business. I'm old and I want to retire as soon as possible." Byungchul says as he sighs through the phone. I can hear the low grumble of an engine through the phone, leading me to assume he's sitting in his truck.

"Fine, retire. I'll take care of the laundromat like I've been doing since I was 16. I came here every day after school. I cleaned the floors, wiped down the machines, and collected the coins. What did your lazy ass do? Sit in a fucking chair and ask me to bring you sodas. So if you want to leave, then leave! No one is stopping you!"

"Son, sometimes you have to let go of something that's old and isn't worth saving. Your father would agree."

"No, father wouldn't allow this, ever. This is the last time I'm saying so turn up your hearing aid, okay old man? I'm not selling my father's business no matter what. And don't call me son. Now get off my phone." I hang up the phone.

"UHHHHHHHH DAMMIT." I don't feel like going to work today, but duty calls.

__________________________

I hate going to work upset. An angry Taehyung results in an unclean laundromat with cans of beer on the floor and a 'closed' sign on the outside. I can't do that today though. He's coming.

I get to the laundromat and unlock the door. I open this place up at 8 o'clock everyday on the dot. I walk into the lobby and sniff the air. The beautiful smell of fabric softener hits my nostrils.

Perfect.

I walk in between the four rows of washing and drying machines. Turning them on and off to make sure that they are working correctly and don't need any repairs.

I turn on the light and enter my tiny office. It's near the front of the store, by the door.I can see everything that happens outside just in case I have to call the police. Sadly, it happens more than I would like it to. I see a black sleek Tesla pull into a parking space. I walk out of my office and greet the man at the door.

"Hyung, long time no see!" I say, opening the door for my hyung, Park Seojoon.

We have been friends since I was ten. I was outside playing in a playground near my house. I stopped when I saw a scrawny little boy crying inside the slide. I walked up to him and asked him what was wrong. He said he ran away from his mean parents. I comforted him and we played until he decided to go back.

After that day, we were always outside together. As we eased into our teenage years, we started hanging at the laundromat. Later, he became an anesthesiologist and I stayed here to continue the family business. When he has the time, he comes by the laundromat and we hang out just like the good old days.

"Taehyung, what's up with you? And what do you mean by 'long time'? I saw you three weeks ago, right?" He says, opening the back door of his car to pull out drinks and a box of pizza.

"Hyung, I think you mean three months ago. Has work screwed up your brain that much? What happened to my hyung being the best at math?" I laugh as I turn, leading him inside.