Chapter 117

Evelyn's POV

"So you're still not going to tell me why she winked at you? Or why on earth you invited such royalty to our wedding?" Mal asks as we walk to the restaurant.

"Mal I don't know why she winked at me and two hello ROYALTY. Meghan and I are becoming friends? Sure friends. Plus they've been such wonderful people to me and why not." I say.

"THE WINK!"

"Let it be, it's just a wink Diane." I mumble.

"Diane my ass." She mumbles and I snort.

"Press! Mal!" Jordyn yells.

"Ah yes Jordyn such delight. My favorite Canadian." I say as I go to hug her.

"I see you keep changing your mind." Jessie says and I laugh.

"Well you knocked the air out of me, what did you expect?"

"Touché."

"Mal and I wanted to ask you both something important." I say as we sit down.

"Ask away."

"Well Jessie, Jordyn. We want to invite you to our wedding."

"Were we not going to be invited?" Jordyn asks and I laugh.

"We want you two to be bridesmaids for well us." Mal says and I nod.

"Seriously? Oh my god yes!" Jordyn says, she gets up and walk over to us to hug us.

"Mal of course!" Jessie says and I smile.

"Told you." I whisper to Mal.

"So when's the wedding?" Jordyn asks.

I rub my neck as I look at Mal, I look back at Jessie and Jordyn and smile nervously.

"It's kind of a TBD." I say.

"Why?" They ask.

"We just need time to figure some things out, for sure next year in 2022 just not this year." Mal says and I nod in agreement.

"Well then let's celebrate either way." Jessie says.

Ali's POV

"Hi Ali, hi Ashy." Evelyn says as she walks into our room.

"Hey kiddo, what's up?" Ash asks.

Evelyn walks over to the bed and flops down.

"What's going on in your little head?" I ask as I plop down next to her in bed.

"Yeah what's up buttercup." Ash asks as she lays on the other side leaving Evelyn in the middle.

She sighs as she play with her fingers, but then proceeds to fidget with Ash's shirt.

"Everything. I guess I just don't know. How does one deal with racial slurs or homophobic slurs constantly being told to you. It comes to the point where one just wants to explode. We're all humans why is that not enough? How come it's not enough?"

"There's just people who think they're above everyone else. It's unfortunately the way the world is and well has become." I say and she sighs.

"I can't handle it anymore, I seriously can't. It's not just me. It's mom and Mal and it makes me sick. It's also the criticism we get all the fucking time. How are people such idiots?"

"They have no brain." Ash says, I slap her head and glare at her. "What? I'm not wrong."

"Can I hide here? It's comfy and safe." Evelyn says as she hides her face inside Ash's shirt.