Chapter 139

Mal's POV

"I feel like I'm dead." Ev says as she buries her face into my neck.

"I'm alive but I'm dead!"

"Shut up Sonny. She's tired." I grumble.

I pull the blanket over her head, our hands intertwined. I hear small footsteps and I turn around.

"Hi Roux." I say and she smiles.

"Hi." She says as she walks into our row.

"What's up?" I ask and she smiles.

"Snuggles." She says raising her hands up making grabby hands.

"Sissy no. Mommy said no. Evelyn is sleeping." Cassius says, J right behind him.

They're basically attached at the hip. No one can separate them. Where Cassius is J is, and where J is Cassius is.

"Mal when is aunt Cheney coming into the room?"

"In a little bit bubba." I say and she nods.

"What's all the commotion? I'm tired." Ev mumbles and I look at the kids.

"Nothing babe, just keep sleeping. I'll wake you up when we're there." I say.

I feel her hand on my thigh as she gives it a squeeze. Tired baby. She's too cute.

I feel a buzz against my leg which makes Ev get up from the seat.

"Who is it?" I ask and Ev furrows her eyebrows.

"It's Meghan." She says as she scoots away from me. "Hello? Yeah what's up?"

"Who is it?" Rose asks.

"Meghan." I say.

"Pinoe is literally right there." She says and I shake my head, slapping her head.

"Not Pinoe. Meghan Markle." I say.

"That makes a lot more sense." She says as she turns back around.

"Yeah no of course, I know some people. You're welcome to stay in my house, there's a spare key under the mat, I'll send you the code for the gate to enter inside. It's secure. I know a couple of guys. Okay yes. Take care. Call me immediately if you guys need anything at all."

Ev hangs up the phone as she comes back to sit next to me. She immediately wraps herself in the blanket.

"What happened?" I ask as she lays her head on my lap.

"Meghan and Harry need a place to stay for a while. They're not safe. They'll be staying in our house." She says.

"Okay, well take a nap while we wait for everyone else to get back. I'll wake you up when Cheney comes back and tells us we're ready to head to plane."

"Thanks. I love you."

"I love you too, now sleep baby." I whisper.

- - - -

"Baby, babe, wake up." I whisper.

"Sleep." Ev groans as she stirs awake.

"Babe we're here." I say and she opens one eye.

"Seriously?"

"Dead serious." I say. She shuts her eyes as she stretches and then opens them.

"Hello Australia."

Evelyn's POV

"My favorite Ausies." I shout as I jump on their back.

"Hey kiddo."