Chapter 108

Evelyn's POV

"Roux you're the only one who can keep a secret which is why you and I are going to ask auntie Alex for a really big favor." I say.

Roux just giggles as she plays with my necklace.

"Roux I'm serious this is a BIG favor. Whatever, let's go. I'm surprised your mom let me take you. ROAD TRIP!"

Mal's POV

"Bubba what do you think about this one?" I ask J as she sits next to Cassius.

She looks at Cassius and they giggle as they look back at me.

"Is something funny? Did we miss something?" Rose asks and I shrug.

"Cassius farted." J giggles out.

"No I didn't! It was her!" Cassius yells.

"Mal?" J whispers.

"Yes bubba?"

"You look pretty, like a princess!" J says with a smile.

"You're the princess." I say and she giggles.

"Yeah you're the princess." Cassius tells J.

I raise an eyebrow as I look up to Syd.

"I-I don't know." She says shrugging. "Leave me out of this. I'm only the one who feeds and raises him."

"Does anyone know where Ev is?" I ask.

"She said she was going to go to Ale- OW." Sonnett yells as she gets hit on the side by Lindsey.

"She took Roux out for a little drive, she'll be back for the other two trouble makers in no time." Syd says making me raise an eyebrow. "She's responsible, you're gullible. There's a difference."

"She's not responsible!" I yell.

"Kid has a point." Lyss says.

"Thank you!"

"BUT she does take care of Roux and those two there." She says pointing to J and Cassius. "And she would obliterate anyone who would try and hurt them."

"She is the best." I mumble.

Evelyn's POV

"Incoming call from Matt."

I accept the call as I continue driving. I look at the rear view mirror and see Roux playing with the tiny Orlando pride soccer ball.

"Talk to me, what's up?" I ask.

"Remember how I told you how your mom could get separated because of the draft."

"Um yes, but that's not happening. We had talked to Mark and they would trade Sophia." I say.

Matt sighs and doesn't respond.

"Talk. Now."

"Louisville wants to pick Tobin. I just got a call and she's not protected."

"What do you mean?"

"They just want new players if I'm being honest, young new players." He says and I sigh.

I park the car in front of Alex's house and I look at Roux as she smiles.

"What about me?" I ask.

"What about you?" He asks.

"Am I protected or not."

"You are." He says making me sigh.

"Tell Mark to protect Tobin and to leave me unprotected."

"That's not the only way and you know that."