Chapter 146

Tobin's POV

"Do I hate that you guys are retiring? No, I strongly dislike you both for deciding to retire."

"We're not leaving Portland anytime, we live a block away kiddo." I say as I grab my jacket.

"I take it back, I hate all of you who retired and leaving me behind." Evelyn says as she exits the locker room.

"Not a fan that we all retired?" Ash asks and I sigh.

"Not a single bit, come on I have to head out to walk out with my daughter on her 100 caps." I say as I shove Ash out of the locker room.

"She does know she'll be the best captain right?" Pinoe asks.

"Well when they voted, everyone except herself voted for her."

"Who'd she vote for?"

"Cheney said my kid voted for Rose."

"Well tell your mini me, she'll make the best captain this team has ever had."

"Tobin Powell Heath come on!" Chris yells.

"You're getting me in trouble."

Evelyn's POV

"I'm so proud of you pumpkin." Mom says as she gives me a hug and moves out of the way.

"Thanks mom. Hey look at the armband, I'm captain." I say as I look down at my arm and play with the armband.

"Babe stop playing with armband." Mal whispers as she grabs onto my hand.

"Oh here comes the US Soccer president." Mama says and I smile.

"Congratulations."

"Thanks mom, but you already congratulated me."

"I- I know but you know I have to say it either way, now shake my hand." She says and I laugh.

Mom became the president of US Soccer a couple years ago. I may or may not have pulled some strings, no more sexist people, more women and more diversity.

I helped mom out with everything.

I'm proud of my mom.

- - - -

"Rose you incredible woman!" I yell as I pick her up.

"Put me down Ev."

"Our winning goal!" Sam yells.

"Not disappointed you didn't score?" Abby asks and I furrow my eyebrows.

"What do you mean? I scored twice Abby." I exclaim.

"Oops, I got distracted by the magnificent goal Rose made to help us win." Abby says.

"Fair enough."

"Dude your phone keeps blowing up."

"How the hell did you get my phone Emily Ann Sonnett?"

"Doesn't matter, but your phone keeps going off." She says and I sigh as she hands me my phone.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me. They're still mad about that? Cry about it." I huff as I put my phone in my warm up jacket.

"What is it?" Mal asks.

"That I fired the social media manager for the Thorns and hired my sister." I say.

"But that was two years ago."

"Exactly my point."

"Forget about that, come on let's go eat dinner with everyone and celebrate your accomplishment." Sam says as she pats my back.

"You're so right Sammy."

Lauren's POV

"Evelyn, my wonderful niece. I'm so proud of you for reaching 100 caps. I feel honored you've been able to reach those 100 caps with me maybe not all of them with me but the ones that got you here, as your coach I'm so proud of you. As your aunt I'm also so incredibly proud of you. I'm proud to be your coach, I'm proud to be your aunt." I say as I lift my glass up.

"Alright then, to Evelyn." Ash says.

"To Evelyn." The girls say.

"Now that you've reached 100 caps when are you gonna retire?"

"Emily!" Ali shouts.

"I was kidding."

"Next game, you're benched." I say as I take a sip of my drink.

"Oh that's not fair." She says and I shrug.

"Cheney come on let my wife play." Kelley says and I laugh.

"We'll see."

Mal's POV

"I'm beat." Ev says.

"So am I." I yawn as we both lay down on the bed.

"Good thing is Nala and Simba are sleeping. You wanna?" She asks with a smirk.

"As much as I'd love to, I'm exhausted baby. And I know you are too."

"You got me, I'm exhausted. Cuddles?"

"That I can agree to." I say and she smiles.

Ev takes her shirt off as I slip under the sheets.

Ev snuggles into me as I wrap my arm around her placing my hand on her back as I rub circles on her lower back.

"When are we going to tell them?" I ask.

"Tell who what and tell them what?" Ev mumbles as she starts to fall asleep.

"Tell everyone that I'm pregnant." I say, her eyes shooting open.

"Tonight's dinner would've been a great time to tell them wasn't it?" She says and I nod. "Fuck. Okay we'll tell them this weekend."

"I'll let everyone know to come."

"See you're the best, always keeping me grounded." She says kissing my neck.

"I have to, if not you'll float away." I say chuckling and she laughs.

"I love you and I love our little peanut. Shout out to the doctors for helping us get pregnant."

"So help me god if this little on turns out like you."

"Hey that's just mean, our kid would be the best, impeccable genes! With your beautiful kind eyes and beautiful smile and my great personality, PERFECT."

"You're a goof."

"You're married to this goof."

"That I am babe, that I am." I say.

"So this weekend right?."

"This weekend." I say and she nods.

"Great. They'll love the news."

"Oh they definitely will love it."

"You think I'll be a great mom? I don't look like a person to be a mom."

"You'll be the best mom to our baby."

"I hope so."

"You will, trust me. My mom says when you have a kid everything changes, you become aware of more things."

"Well I hope so, I'm not the best at being aware of anything."

"Oh trust me I know." I say.

Boy do I know.

"They're going to be so excited about us having a kid. I can already see it." Ev says and I smile.

"So can I."