Chapter 132

Evelyn's POV

"I don't know why you're giving me the stink eye but I don't like it." I say as we walk to the field.

"She just has her game day face on." Sam says and I huff.

"I'm playing today, but you don't see me ignoring her. Unbelievable."

"Give me a break, you know she does that face when you're going to leave her." Ash says.

"That's not true is it?" I ask Sam.

"It's true." Abby says as she walks past us.

"Just look at her, her lip is quivering already." Sonnett says and I groan.

"Charlie, I'm going to play. You will be with your dad. I go play, you watch." I say, but Charlie starts to cry.

"Great look what you did to Charlie!"

"Well I can't take her with me for warm ups now can I? Charlie I love you, I do. But I gotta go."

"No." She sniffles. "Stay."

"Look there's your dad. Serv help me."

"I got her now go, good luck." He says and I nod as I run over to the bench to tie my cleats.

Tobin's POV

"Hey Tobin?"

"Yeah Syd?" I ask as I fix my shirt and tie up my laces.

"Would you or Christen you know kill me for telling your kid to do something I once did." Syd says and I raise an eyebrow.

"First, which one of my kid. Second what thing?"

"Your tattooed kid, mini you."

"Evelyn? My mini me?" I say pointing towards Evelyn.

"Duh who else." She says.

"Okay so what thing did you ask her to do?" I ask as I lean back on the bench.

"Oh you know. The thing I did back on June 2 of 2013."

"What thi- oh. OH! Sydney! No! How could you! That's my daughter. Chris is going to kill me!"

"Hey, I saw an opportunity. She's playing against the team her family is from, the fans don't like she's playing for the U.S. so why not go at it."

"Syd no."

"I said I'd do it with her."

"Oh my goodness Sydney no!" I yell as I get up from the bench.

"What could go wrong?"

"Everything! She already has eyes on her all the time, the media always wants controversy with her and Chris."

"Well you can't change her mind now. It was more of a warning in advance. It's going to be like mine. USA vs Canada, but instead it's USA vs Mexico. It's going to be interesting."

"Oh great."

Evelyn's POV

"You ready to score some goals?"

"Born ready aunt Cheney." I say.

"Evelyn!"

"Tish!" I yell and wave.

"Score." She says and I give her a thumbs up.

"Yes ma'am." I say tapping the crest on my jersey and jog back to the team huddle.

"Evelyn, all eyes are on you." Syd says.

"Nothing new." I say chuckling.

"Yeah because Mal undresses you with her eyes, so eyes are definitely on you 24/7."