Chapter 94

3 weeks ago

Chase's POV

"Kayla where are my socks?!" I yell into our apartment.

"On the couch!" She yells and I go to the living room.

"Breaking news USWNT forward Evelyn Press.."

"Kayla! Come to the living room NOW!" I yell and she quickly comes.

"What's going on?" She asks and I point to the TV.

"Evelyn Press was shot three times this evening, she was shielding her youngest sister Julieta and her teammate Morgan Weaver. Evelyn was rushed to the hospital. The person who shot Evelyn has been identified as her uncle, please be on the lookout as he had fled the scene immediately. Her mother Christen Press has not released a statement yet, but we will keep you updated on the young and talented forward from Wenatchee Washington"

I looked over to Kayla as our eyes met.

"I'll go get the bags prepared, you buy the plane tickets" I say and she nods. "Damn QB"

Present

Ash's POV

"We are gathered here today in memory of Evelyn Amaya Press. A wonderful human being who did anything for her family. She had a loving girlfriend Mallory Diane Pugh. Evelyn gave her own life to protect her younger sister and one of her teammates."

I look around the room and everyone's faces says what I'm thinking.

"Evelyn was a wonderful daughter, friend, cousin, aunt, and sister. She will never be forgotten"

"Everyone together now" Kelley says.

"Evelyn will always be with us" Sonnett says.

"We will never forget when we went to go see her game for the first or the way she worked at a diner after games. She will always be in our hearts.. Babe the end please" Kelley tells Sonnett.

"At 19 years old her life was taken away from her by her uncle Omar the bitch" Sonnett says.

"Oh dear god please don't tell me they're doing their 'routine' again" Alex says as she walks into the room and I nod.

"Shut up Al, we need to do this or else it won't work"

"It hasn't worked" I say.

"You don't know that" Emily says.

"It's been three weeks nothing has changed" I say.

"Come on baby you have to wake up" Mal says as she holds onto Evelyn's hand.

"Come on kid you need to eat and shower" Alyssa tells Mal.

"Tobs is Chris at home?" I ask.

"I sent her home with Daisy so they could sleep, they both haven't slept" Tobin says and I nod.

"How's Julieta? Is she still with Zola?"

"Yeah, Becky and Zola have been taking care of her when we're here"

"What have you guys told her?" I ask.

"That Evelyn has a boo boo and she's in the hospital to get better. She wants to come but we won't let her"

"Does she remember anything about that day?" Ali asks.

"We asked her and she said no so I guess not" Tobin says.