Chapter 133

Mal's POV

"Trade announcement!" Tierna shouts.

I grab my phone and head to Twitter.

Evelyn Press-Heath Pugh to Reign FC. Portland Thorns acquire Christen Press-Heath. Louisville acquires Simone Charley and Rocky Rodriguez from the Thorns and 275,000 in allocation money. Louisville also receive Kristen McNaab from Reign FC.

"That's a shit ton of trading." Sarah says.

"Yeah no kidding and money." I say.

"There's more." Alyssa says.

I continue to scroll through the thread and my eyes widen.

Evelyn Press-Heath Pugh new owner of Racing Louisville.

"Well then." I mumble.

"Dude Ev has money." T says and I laugh.

"Her parents left her all the money they had, which she didn't know about. It's all weird and confusing." I say.

"There's going to be a whole conference slash media thing later." Alyssa says.

"Does she ever tell you about these things?" Julie asks and I shake my head.

"I trust her and whatever she does with the money she has. I don't have a problem with anything." I say.

She's her own person as am I. We trust each other.

"Also did any of you know Daisy dropped out of college?" T asks.

"Oh my god that's right! Yeah she's Ev's social media manager or something like that. I don't know, assistant? Something like that. She's in charge of her media and interviews. Pretty much her calendar."

"That's cool. Question though, when is she getting married?" Julie asks.

"I think after the World Cup. I'm not sure. Unless they eloped which I wouldn't be surprised." I say chuckling.

"It's starting." Alyssa says as she connects her phone to the TV.

"Aww she's so cute when she's doing interviews." I say with a smile. "So concentrated."

"You mean when she breathes." T says wiggling her eyebrows.

"Shut up T."

I grab a pillow and throw it at her head.

"Ow."

T throws back the pillow which ends up everyone in the room throwing pillows. Except Alyssa she's actually paying attention.

"You're also now the owner of the WNBA team Atlanta Dream, what's that also about?"

"What." We all say as we stop throwing pillows.

"Ow. T!"

"Sorry I had already thrown it."

Evelyn's POV

"Another team that you own, what's the meaning behind that?" One reporter asks.

"Nothing much." I say with a shrug. "Didn't like the owner and the players deserve a better environment."

"You're also now the owner of the WNBA team Atlanta Dream, what's that about?" Another reporter asks.

"I like to invest in women's sports." I say with a smile.

"Any opinion on Christian Pulisic?"

"That's not the reason we're here." Daisy says.

"You buying Louisville, you heading to Reign and Christen Press, your mother going to Portland. Does it all connect?"