Chapter 109

Evelyn's POV

"Mal, can we talk about something?" I ask as I flop onto the couch.

"Definitely, is everything okay?" She asks sitting next to me.

I could tell by the face she was making and the crinkle on her forehead she was definitely concerned.

"Yes? No? Maybe? Who knows?" I say shrugging my shoulders and smiling awkwardly.

"Well I'm listening, I'm all ears baby." She says and I smile.

"How would you feel if I bought a um something?" I ask as I fidget with the blanket.

"Why are you asking me? It's your money not mine love." She says and I smile softly at her.

"We're getting married, you have a say on these type of things especially with money."

"Well then, how much are we talking about here? Three thousand dollars?" She says and I laugh nervously.

I bite my lip as I continue to fidget with the blanket. I look away avoiding eye contact with her.

"It's WAY more than that."

"A rough estimate?"

"Umm well I don't know but it's quite a lot." I say nodding with my head.

"I'll tell you this, from then on you can decide. Is it something important?" She says.

"Umm yes." I say.

"Then go for it. It's your money and I know you have the money for whatever it is, but just make sure you know what you're doing. Okay?"

"Okay."

Mal placed a kiss on my forehead as I wrapped my arms around her middle. I took in the scent of her perfume.

Smells like M- wait a minute.

"This is my perfume!" I exclaim.

"Sorry not sorry. It smells good, it smells like you so I just had to." She says and I shake my head.

"I'm buying you one because if not you'll finish it and I'll have nothing." I huff.

"Oh yes, one for myself!"

"As cozy and comfy that I am. I have to go make a call."

"About?" She asks as she pulls away.

"Things. Important things." I say.

"Okay? But I was comfy."

"Later I promise."

I walk to bedroom and I grab my phone from the nightstand. I dialed the number.

"Did you make a decision?"

"Do it. Do everything you can. I can't let it happen."

Tobin's POV

"I think mommy's sad."

"Why do you think that princess?" I ask and she points to the couch.

"Mommy's blanket is rolled up." She says.

I furrow my eyebrows as I look over to the couch. A blanket? What blanket? I searched until I saw what was rolled up.

"Oh I see. Mommy's yoga mat?" I ask and she nods.

"That!"

"It usually is laid on the floor from the morning isn't it." I say and she nods.

"You have to talk with mommy, momma." She says and I smile.