Chapter 89

Evelyn's POV

"Still not over it?" JJ asks me and I huff.

"She's still not over it" Crystal says.

"I'm angry" I mumble.

"Baby I know you are bu-"

"Are you guys telling me you're over the fact that Vlatko stopped calling up my Moe Moe? OUR Moe Moe" I say.

"Well no we're not over it, but I mean we do have to accept the fact that he hasn't" JJ says.

"He better have a good enough reason to not be calling her back up to the team"

"Come on ladies!" Milan Ivanovic yells.

"Also who decided on this man to come and be whatever he is for the team" I mumble.

"What is up with you today?" Ash asks and I shrug.

"You're in a mood today, what's wrong?" Alex asks me.

"Let it be"

"Here come sit" Alex says pulling my arm to the bench.

"How can I help you?" I ask with a smile.

"We have a game in two hours. What is going on with you today? Mal told me you woke up very grumpy."

"I don't know I just woke up grumpy, nothing out of the ordinary happened." I say as I play with my fingers

"Tell me the real reason or I'll go call your mom" Alex says making my eyes widen.

"Fine" I sigh out. "You know how my birthday was a month ago from today?"

"Yes, we took you out to dinner"

"That's right well, today years ago my parents kicked me out of the house for being me, for being the true me not that I ever hid it they just were to blind to see I was already myself they just put the pieces together" I say.

"Continue" she says.

"I just tend to lose myself on this day, I tend to let everything I keep secret and don't say to come out because I'm so angry at what happened so many years ago"

"But you've never done this in the past years" She says and I chuckle.

"Remember last year when you guys couldn't find me but it turns out I had 'slept' at a friends house" I say and she nods. "Definitely didn't sleep at a friends house, I was out on my own drinking my beer, swallowing all the hate that my parents ever gave me all the hell they put me through. Because of them I missed four years of my sisters life."

"Can I talk now?" She asks and I nod. "Look around you, you have a girlfriend that loves you, TWO moms that literally adore you, you have two sisters, and you have a whole pack of aunts which some please don't call them that because they're too young irresponsible, example one Kelley" I laugh.

"Kelley is very responsible aunt Al" I say and she gives me this look. "Okay so maybe you're right"

"What I'm trying to say is, although I know you probably won't ever forget what happened today years ago, but I also know you will always remember that you have a family that loves you so much and that they care about you and you have a girlfriend who adores you"

"Thank you" I whisper as I go to hug her.

"Anytime little one, now come on we have a game today and you're going to kick ass"

"Come on ladies!" Milan yells.

"Wait just a damn minute! Geez!" Alex yells and I snort. Milan just looks away.

"That's if you know who let's me play"

"Well like Becky said, if he doesn't then he's not as smart as we thought he was"

"Wise words from my captain"

"Our captain"

Mal's POV

"RUN! RUN!" I yell as I sit on the bench.

"CROSS THE DAMN BALL!"

"Hey Alex?" I ask.

"Yes Mal? Everything okay?" She asks.

"What did you tell Evelyn? She's in a better mood"

"Just some things she has been waiting to hear for a while" Alex says as she looks towards the field.

"Well whatever you said to her, thank you, she seems more relaxed" I say and she smiles.

"NO! NO!" Ash yells and we look to the field

"She seems very into it" I say.

"She's not so happy about the game so far" Ali says.

"I agree with her. We're in the 70' minute and we're not even on the scoreboard" I say.

"Rodriguez! You're going in!" Milan yells.

"Oh well maybe now we will" Alex says.

"She said she had a surprise so I guess we'll see that now too" I say.

Ev quickly took of her training shirt and grabbed her actual shirt.

Gasps were heard all around the bench.

"What do you guys think?" Ev asks as she shows us.

"It's nice" I say.

"It was time for me to change it, plus mom will love it"

"Go kick ass and get us on the scoreboard"

"Oh you know it" she says.

Christen's POV

"No more Rodriguez?" I ask Evelyn as she walks towards me.

"Press is better and I've had my last name changed for months you just didn't know" She says hugging me.

"Alright mom and daughter Press! The Press duo! We need to get on that scoreboard!" JJ yells and I laugh lightly.

"My daughter, come on we have a game to finish" I say and she smiles

"Did Vlatko give you any instructions?" Tobin asks Evelyn.

"Nope" Evelyn says then runs to her position.

- - - -

I see Evelyn running into the box from the corner of my eye as I continue to run down the side. I pass it to Tobin, with one glance she flicks the ball over.

Evelyn jumps to head the ball, which she does but at the same time she's shoved down to the ground.

"GOAL!"

I quickly run to her side to make sure she's okay.

"Pumpkin are you okay?" I ask and she smiles.

"I scored!" She yells getting back up and raising her hands up.

"You're one tough cookie" Lindsey says patting Evelyn on the back.

"Come on up you go kiddo" Tobin says as she lifts Evelyn up from the ground.

Evelyn's POV

"A hat trick! That's our future!" Pinoe yells as she jumps on my back.

"My neck Pinoe!" I yell.

"Evelyn they want you for media"

"Damn do I have to?" I ask.

"Go before I call Alyssa to carry you over" Becky says.

"Yes captain my captain!" I yell out and salute her.

What a great way to start this off.