2 - "WHY ARE YOU BLEEDING?"

CHAPTER TWO

"why are you bleeding?"

"Should we wake her up?" asked Peter in a low tone, glancing at the other for help.

Little did they know, Hollis had been awake ever since their footsteps stumbled by her door. A light sleeper, a trait forcefully developed for her own safety. She was waiting, but for what, or who, she didn't know. 

It would be hard to get out of this if they had any shred of decency or a sliver of nosiness. Unfortunately in this scenario, the majority of Hogwarts students possessed both. Mentally preparing herself for whoever might be standing there, Hollis ripped off the mental bandage and opened her eyes.

Four Gryfinndor boys in her year stood blatantly, unashamedly staring back at her.

She was in their compartment, after all.

One she recognized instantly as James Potter, the cocky Gryfinndor Chaser whose entire personality was being obsessed with her best friend, hating a particularly greasy boy, and having messy hair. He looked a bit annoyed at her presence, yet there was concern and curiosity shortly below. 

To his left, a slightly shorter boy with long, dark hair and a Queen t-shirt was looking rather uncomfortable. 

Rightfully so. If anything, Hollis wished him to feel even more uneasy. 

Their last memories of one another outside of school dated back years upon years, but it was not a pleasant one. It was not his fault, yet bitterness and pain still profusely coursed through it, through her. She couldn't look at his face and not be reminded.

The scar on her forearm seemed fresh and flared again.

Sirius Black and her had a history.

The shortest of them all was right next to Black, a mousy looking boy with shaggy blonde hair. His expression was slightly anxious, and he kept glancing up at James to see what he would instruct them to do next as he wrung his hands. 

Then, nearly as tall as the doorframe itself, stood the last boy.

He brown hair with just a tinge of dusty red, with eyes as green as the pines of the Dark Forest to match. His skin was pale and scarred, the opposite of James's full, warm brown. This boy she recognized as Remus Lupin, the one who all the girls drooled over when he walked by with his funny yet mysterious demeanor. Intelligence, looks, popularity. He had it all.

Hollis had always assumed him to be arrogant like James, and she had no evidence against it.

Of all people, she had dragged herself into the Marauder's compartment.