102 - "THE LAST DAY"

CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED AND TWO

"the last day"

listen yall while editing i combine some chapters which mean the comments disappear for a lot of the chapter which means that some chapters (like this one) need some hyping up. so pls mis amigos, comment <3

It was breakfast time in the Great Hall on November 30, 1976, when the five Marauders entered the enormous room unintentionally one by one in various states of hungover distress. None of them was in this condition because of alcohol, however, as they had been many times before. They had gotten drunk on staying awake during the full moon, and the hangover was composed of such intense sleep deprivation that the five might as well have walked in completely wasted.

The first to walk into the Great Hall was Peter Pettigrew, who was the only one of the five who had managed to get more than a half hour of sleep the previous night. His pale blonde hair looked remarkably similar to as if his Animagus form had died on top of his head, while his socks were completely mismatched and tie on backward with far too many knots whether he knew it or not. The shortest boy Marauder started snoring the instant his head hit the hard wooden table, much to the amusement of many other watching students.

Next, Sirius Black stumbled into the Great Hall, his usually sleek hair sticking almost straight up in some directions as if pulled up by invisible strings. The lanky boy lost his balance slightly as he stumbled against the doorway, causing a stream of titters to bubble from the Ravenclaw table. He somehow managed to yawn about a dozen times in the thirty seconds that it took to reach the spot on the bench next to where Peter was already passed out.

Around ten or so minutes later, the next Marauder, Remus Lupin, walked in the full hall with his hands shoved in his flannel pajama pant pockets that he hadn't even bothered to change out of like Peter had. The bags underneath his eyes were so deep that they could be considered a dark purple, and the faint remains of scratches echoed across his pale cheek and exposed bicep from the tank top he was wearing. Remus sat down on the wooden bench across from Sirius and Peter with a not very silent groan of exhaustion as he made a pillow with his scarred forearms on the mahogany table.

Within a few minutes, Hollis entered the Great Hall wearing her pajamas as well, Remus's huge crimson Gryffindor sweatshirt, and her own white sweatpants. She tripped the least out of the other three boys to enter yet, which still wasn't saying much for her grace. The mascara on her face was obviously from the previous day and still hadn't been washed off, hence the black smears right below her brown eyes that almost blended with the dark circles that had formed. The Rosier slid down next to Remus, who didn't even have to open his eyes to know that she was there. Wrapping a warm arm around her, Remus pulled Hollis slightly in closer to him.