4 - "EXPELLIARMUS, DOUCHEBAG"

CHAPTER FOUR

"expelliarmus, douchebag"

Birds were chirping in the pine clearing, making a happy yet chilly atmosphere for their first Care of Magical Creatures class. As usual, the Gryffindors and Slytherins were put together. Hollis was certain Dumbledore just wanted conflict at this point.

She stepped away from Theodore to go find Marlene and Lily.

The three girls had been grouped together for a Potions project in their first year, and their consistent amount of classes together had strengthened their bond until the four years had created a sisterhood. Lily had never judged Hollis for her last name, and Marlene followed suit.

That would be reverse blood prejudice, Evans had declared. And therefore bullshit. We love you, Hol.

"Marry, kiss, crucio," muttered Marlene, scanning the sea of scarlet and emerald robes as they were waiting for Profesor Kettleburn to arrive.

Lily pinched the bridge of her nose, knowing how wildly inappropriate Marlene would make these. Hollis, on the other, hand grinned. Marlene's blue eyes fell on a boy to start. "Lucius."

"No," Lily shook her head simply. "I already know it's gonna be crucio."

"James Potter," Marlene continued nose twitching and eyes diligently scanning the clearing.

Hollis groaned, already not happy with this outcome. "And I can one crucio one of them?"

Marlene was still laser focused, trying to pick the hardest trio possible. After a few moments, her face lit up.

"And Theodore."

Hollis held her face in her hands, shaking with laughter and anger. Lily was about ready to pass out at the image of kissing any of them. Their personalities threw off the balance of their attractiveness. 

"I could murder all three, what kind of game is this-" Hollis cried, and Marlene tumbled into her from laughing.

Lily plucked a pine needle from Hollis's hair.

"We're not going to be allowed to say a word the rest of the term in this class if those three don't shut up," chuckled James, not at all annoyed despite his words.

It was confusing to all four of them how they had never talked with Hollis much before.

She had a loud laugh and dry sense of humor when away from those Slytherin boys, and was best friends with two Gryffindor girls in their year.

And somehow, she had been irrelevant until that two minute period that left them all puzzled.

"Moony's certainly making up for lost time," muttered Sirius not so quietly, popping up his eyebrows twice at Remus.