105 - "PETER, PASS ME THAT CHOCOLATE"

CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED AND FIVE

"peter, pass me that chocolate"

Mum and Dad,

Is there any way that you could come to Platform 3/4 and stay around the corner by the stairwell? There's someone I want you to meet and I would rather not do it very publicly. You'll understand once you see who it is.

See you tomorrow.

Love,
Remus

Dear Remus,

We are so excited to see you later today! Your mother and I have missed you greatly. And yes, we will meet you around the corner. You're also going to have to remind us when the Potters are coming over, as far as I can remember, it was about three times you and those boys had planned. Let us know if Peter can make it because of his vacation with his parents, too. And make sure James and Sirius don't get into too much mischief (not that you won't either, but Hope wanted me to write this as an attempt to convince you to not get too many points off Gryffindor).

Much love,
Mum and Dad

Remus set down the letter on the mahogany Gryffindor table with a small smile. Finishing off his corn flakes with one last bite from his gold spoon, he wrapped his arm around Hollis's waist and gave her a light kiss on the top of her head.

After all of the theatrics with Theodore the previous night, the pair had retreated to the Marauder's corner and played some cards and Exploding Snap together to get their minds off things. To them, the news of the letter was just another layer that they had to break through.

Hollis being a Rosier. Remus being a werewolf. Both of them having serious, deep issues that seemed to melt away around each other.

The Rosier, however, had something that Remus did not. The Slytherin had secrets, while she knew everything about him. The auburn-haired boy made sure of that.

Lupin being a werewolf was something routine and predictable and a burden that all of the Marauders knew how to help carry. It pained him endlessly, but they all still loved him with all of their hearts. Transforming into a werewolf during the full moon of every month was something that the Marauders all knew that he couldn't control, and so they truly didn't care about his one secret.

But she could control what she had done.

And that was why she had so damn scared for him to find out.

"Hey, we'll see each other in a month," Remus said, smiling down at Hollis reassuringly. "Thirty one days."

He didn't fully understand what could happen in thirty one days, but she sure as hell wasn't about to tell him.