92 - "PLEASE GET REMUS"

CHAPTER NINETY-TWO

"please get remus"

"please get remus"

The burst of red light from Theodore's wand shot upwards towards the tunnel's rooted roof and collided in an instant. The dueling between the three trios came to an abrupt halt as they realized what Theodore had done. Like lighting had struck the ceiling, the dark earth poured down from the ground.

Right onto Hollis and Regulus.

Unfortunately for them, it wasn't just fine dust coming from above. There were also heavy, sharp rocks let loose mingled with thick chunks of rusty dirt that could easily suffocate someone.

The only thing that Hollis could see among the mess was a waterfall of dark brown and greys in front of her eyes, every other sensation was blinded by the roar in her ears that made it sound like the earth itself was shaking. A cloud of dust billowed into her eyes, making them tear up so badly that an actual sob came out as well as the salty liquid.

She thought that the downpour of ground would have stopped after a few seconds, but no such thing happened. Over the defeating sound all around her ears, she could barely hear what was going on outside of her earth prison.

"You fucking idiot!"

Muffled shouts.

"The whole tunnel is going to bloody collapse, we have to get out of here!"

"Are you mental? We can't just leave Hollis!"

The dirt began to take over all her senses. It was making a thin film on her tongue, was all over her skin, and filling her eyes with its powdery light gray plumes. She felt like she was drowning, drowning in a tornado of rock and dust. 

But right as she couldn't take in another breath, a hand grabbed hers from the dirt and squeezed tightly.

It was Regulus.

"If we go backward, then we should be able to get out of here in time!" he shouted as loud as he could over the dirt. "Now, come on!"

She couldn't attach a face to his hand from how bad the visibility was, but she stumbled over the chunks of the earth as best as she could to get the hell out of there.

Hollis had almost gotten to see some light before a huge chunk of rock fell on her leg.

She screamed so loudly and with such rawness that everyone on the other side of the cascade could hear her. She could feel the blood pouring down her leg, along with a horrible, empty feeling when a tiny piece of flesh should have been. The wound was filled with dust and thick dirt, making it hurt so badly that her leg gave out.

But then Regulus's hand yanked her's as hard as he could, and Hollis got free from the pile with one last tug.

Falling on her stomach on the hard earth, she let out a strangled sob of pain from being nearly suffocated and the gash on her calf. She wanted to just lie on the ground forever, her cheek pressed against the dust.