60 - "YOU MAKE ME SICK, FATHER"

CHAPTER SIXTY

"you make me sick, father"

There was an air of tension as the Marauders exited their compartment. From Hollis's left, Lily and Marlene tackled her in a huge hug that made her drop her trunk's leather handle in order to return it properly. The three girls wrapped their arms tightly around one another for what felt like far too short of a time before a woman's kind yet impatient voice called Lily and Marlene's names from the waiting platform.

Due to her father's new law, Lily's muggle parents could not pick her up from the station as usual. It made Hollis want to scream when she heard, but to her relief, arrangements had been made with the Mckinnons to bring Lily back to her home in the suburbs.

Lily gripped Hollis's shoulders. "Please stay safe, Hols," she whispered with a slightly desperate tone as her fingers dug into the sleek fabric of her friend's black leather jacket. "You have to, okay? You have to."

"We're going to miss you so much," added Marlene, remembering what she had told them earlier on the train. "But it'll fly by, okay? We'll all be just fine."

Under no circumstances were any of them to write to Hollis; there was too much risk on the ends of both the sender and Rosier herself. The two Gryffindor girls were devastated that she would be completely out of their reach for three whole months, but reiterated their promises regardless as they left the scarlet train to join Marlene's parents.

With longing eyes, she watched as some of her two best friends left for the summer, wishing she could go with them. 

"Hol," whispered Peter kindly from behind Hollis, snapping the Rosier out of her trance.

"Right, sorry," she muttered, placing a smile on her face as she turned to face the other four Marauders. "Let's get this over with."

She was turning over every detail of the four boys in her mind, trying to preserve their images and personalities in her head as precisely as possible before it all vanished.

"There's something I need you to know," Hollis firmly stated, looking each of them in the eye. There was no room in Hollis's head at the moment for emotional, sad goodbyes, only to make sure each of them knew exactly what to do and expect during the summer. "If there are any nights that I don't say enchanted into the bracelets, I'm going to need you four to sleep regardless and let it go."

Several protests instantly came from the boys, but she continued her point firmly.

"The worst possible thing that you could do for yourselves here is to do something rash like sending me a letter or attempting to physically contact me. Take that disgusting law as the kindest thing my parents have ever done to complete strangers that threaten them or their bloodline."