82 - "DETENTION"

CHAPTER EIGHTY-TWO

"detention"

Luckily, for the past few days, Regulus hadn't done as much as glare at Remus out of anger. Hollis hadn't been expecting it, but she was silently relieved that there was a few days of peace between those two boys, a duo slowly beginning to rival James and Snape.

However, in light of this new, most likely short-lived peace, there was a new dark to keep the balance; the students of Hogwarts were receiving a very odd approach of defending themselves against the Dark Arts. 

Professor Abrigor taught about these dark creatures, potions, and spells as a subject he highly respected, even revered and honored, not one to be fought off. 

Of course, as a professor, one has to hold a certain level of pride in their subject, but this old man stepped far beyond that line by the first class when he lectured about defensive spells with a disappointed and scolding tone, as if he disapproved of the purpose of his own subject.

It was still a mystery to almost everyone at the school how on earth Abrigor Bounce had been hired.

Almost.

Unknown to most, the Notts and the Bounces were two very close families. Despite the relationships' initial buyer and seller nature, after a few years, the Bounces gained the trust of Cantanerus Nott. 

As a high ranking member under the Department of Education at the ministry, Theodore's father saw this as an opportunity to purify the schools and make the Dark Arts something to be feared instead of fought against, working what he deemed to be the proper mindset as early as possible into the next generation of witches and wizards so that the muggleborns would know their filth and the purebloods would know their purpose to rid the world of that mud.

Cantankerus Nott had no care for the education of Hogwarts students besides purebloods, and the sole reason he had joined the Ministry was for reasons such as these when he could twistedly extort his power. 

Just like his son, his desire for control overwhelmed any morals he had left, and this was a perfect chance to exert that control by making the Dark Arts more foreboding and something not to cross rather than facing them with a rebellious spirit.

Unfortunately for Bounce and the Notts, the Marauders had made it their personal goal to call out their crooked professor every single time something like this happened, not sparing him from as much as a distasteful glance at Lily or another muggleborn. 

Although these disruptions landed the five sixth years in detentions on multiple occasions, all of them thought that pointing out these flaws in perspective was worth it. Not only for their year's sake, but to shield the easily molded minds of the first and second years at Hogwarts.