𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.

The Rosiers were returning to their manor in Lochant much quicker than they had previously anticipated. 

As Hollis walked passed Regulus to get out of the door, she brushed his fingertips lightly. Then, clasping onto his palm, Hollis subtly shoved a piece of parchment into his hand.

Looking up quickly at the retreating girl that had somehow managed to give him a note without anyone noticing, Regulus watched helplessly as Hollis's wrist was yanked aggressively by Vindia out the large, double doors leading out into the icy concrete sidewalk outside of Grimmauld Place. Hollis had been correct, a Transportation Containment Enchantment had been placed on the Black family home so that no one could apparate in or out for the time being. Hollis knew that she royally fucked up, but she also knew that Orion fully deserved what was coming his way.

Maybe just another fun thing for Pads and I to have in common, Hollis thought sourly as Mulstone and Evans said goodbye to the family of three standing behind them. 

A few snowflakes landed on Hollis's inky black eyelashes, and she had to blink them away because her hands were currently in an iron tight grip by her mother, waiting on the men of the house to apparate. As Evans and Mulstone came towards them, Hollis felt a shiver go down her spine.

From both the cold and the near future.

Regulus gave Hollis a sad smile, and she wrenched one hand free to sarcastically salute him. Something that Regulus noticed about Hollis was that she would risk ten times more to make someone amused like she just had than to help herself.

And with a crack, there was an empty space in the cold night where the Rosiers had just been. Without a word to his parents, Regulus jogged up the stairs to his bedroom. If he was with them for too long right after their cruel comments to Hollis, then he might get the urge to punch them like he had Theodore. Which wouldn't end up well long term for any of them. 

Shutting the black painted door behind him, Regulus sat on the edge of his bed on the black duvet and stared down at the piece of yellow parchment Hollis must have ripped off some page and kept in her pocket folded in his hand. With a small tremble in his hands, Regulus unfolded the note written in dark emerald ink that was only a shade away from being black.

in danger, follow the younger - h

Regulus reread the note well over a dozen times and still didn't understand what Hollis meant. Pulling the parchment ends tightly so that he had sure he had read her elegant scrawl corectly, Regulus furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Hollis had obviously written this so that if Orion or Walburga found it, then they wouldn't know what it meant.

And she had trusted him to figure out it's message as well.

.。*゚+.*.。   ゚+..。*゚+

Whenever Hollis had taken part in side along aparation, the sensation had been dizzying yet short. For some reason, though, this time the two seconds seem to strech on for dozens of minutes. Perhaps it was some deep corner of her mind knew that these would be some of the few moments of peace for a long time. 

When Hollis opened her eyelids again, she was in the foyer of Rosier Manor. Curiously, Evans and Vindia had apparated into a separate room. It was just Hollis and her father.

Mulstone's face conveyed two very intense emotions. One was fury, the other curiosity. On him, neither meant that Hollis was safe.

In a low, calm tone, Mulstone looked down at the ground with his hands clasped behind his back and spoke to Hollis.

"When did you learn to do wandless magic?" he asked in an oddly predatory tone.

Knowing that there was no right answer, Hollis found it best to tell the truth.

"I taught myself," she replied, staring at her father.

He was still rubbing his beard with one hand while the other was behind his back. Pacing endlessly. The way that he had no reaction to her words made Hollis even more unnerved. Not scared, but alarmed at how little emotion he was conveying after the way she had stood up for herself against Walburga and Orion Black. Hollis had never seen Mulstone in this state before, ever. It was something new.

And Hollis had learned the hard way that the unknown was to be approached with great caution and absolutely no trust.

"When did this start?" Mulstone questioned in a still severe tone.

Hollis had to think for a few moments.

"I-,"

This slight hesitation made the Rosier snap.

"Answer the fucking question, Appoline!" Mulstone roared, flying towards his daughter at a disturbingly quick pace. "Or I swear to Merlin, you will regret it even more than what you have already done!"

Oddly, Hollis felt a tiny amount of relief that her father was mad and calmness snapped. Now she at least knew what to expect. 

"November," Hollis replied steadily, refusing to be phased by her father's temper. "I discovered it when I was mad in November."

Mulstone's brown eyes turned to rocky, bottomless pits of some sort of sick jealousy or anger. Gripping his daughter's wrist so tightly that Hollis was completely sure that there would be bruises, Mulstone pulled his daughter much harder than necessary closer to him.

"I want you to listen to me very carefully, Appoline," Mulstone hissed right in Hollis's face. "You are never, ever going to use this ability against one of your superiors again. It is most unfortunate that it was you and not Evans who inherirted my gift, but that's just adding on to the list of reasons you're such a dissappointment."

The urge to scream prickeled in the back of Hollis's throat, and it took all of her willpower to push it back down where it belonged. 

"If you dare defy this, it won't be just you who gets hurt," threatened Mulstone.

His grip tightened even further as he let these words sink in. Once he saw the recognition in his daughter's eyes, Mulstone released his grip with a shove so hard that Hollis's body weight tipped off balance and she fell to the black marble floor with a surprising amount of grace for just being thrown to the ground by a man nearly twice her size. Hollis grittened her teeth as she pressed her palms against the marble, pushing herself up as her father stalked off to some other room.

Instead of being scared by his warning, Hollis felt an odd amount of confidence and confirmation. 

Because Mulstone Rosier wouldn't have bothered issuing such a threat if he wasn't afraid of what his daughter could do.

damn hollis be getting that fear factor

im thinking about spending like two hours and making like an immaculate cover

i renamed all the chapters and it took a full hour - but we're aesthetic now

1.1k words

what do u wanna see?

VOTE! - it rly helps