101 - "IT'S ABOUT BLOODY TIME, EVANS"

CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED AND ONE

song of the chapter - "backyard boy" by claire rosinkranz

"it's about bloody time, evans"

^ i had to use the infamous snapple gif at some point so here u go

"So, have we ever considered doing a white elephant exchange for Christmas?" Sirius asked, and Peter gave him a very confused look.

"What the bloody hell is a white elephant exchange, Pads?" Hollis asked with both amusement and concern for Sirius's mental stability.

The Black looked from Marlene to Remus dubiously, like he had no idea how his four friends didn't know what he was talking about.

"If Lily were here, she would know, she's a muggleborn, so-" Sirius half ranted half murmured to himself as he shook his head and made his voice high pitched all of the sudden in an exaggerated impression of Hollis. "What the bloody hell is a white elephant exchange, Pads? Where is Lily anyways, or Prongs for that matter, I-"

"Merlin, stay one TOPIC, Siri," Marlene cried, elbowing lightly Sirius in the gut. "You can't expect us to follow when you narrate every single thought going through that wack ass brain of yours!"

He went dramatically silent for a few moments.

Hollis and Remus grinned at each other as the tall boy mouthed Charlotte down at her, making her laugh. She had told him about the similarities after their third tutoring session a week or so ago, and he had instantly agreed.

"Anyways," Sirius shouted loudly, making a pod of Ravenclaws giggle, who he then saluted. "We learned about it in Muggle Studies. Basically, the seven of us would each bring a gift and then we try to steal them from each other using rules."

The black-haired boy emphasized the word rules as he saw the mischievous glint Hollis and Marlene had both gotten in their eyes. "Merlin, you two are mad. Scary mad."

He continued to try and explain the game to them for a few more unsuccessful minutes before they reached the corner a corridor away from the Great Hall.

"I'll be right back," Hollis called, waving her hand. "Just need to use the restroom."

Sirius yelled back something about watching out for the faucets someone had enchanted to blow up as she walked away, and she got a sneaking suspicion it was Black himself who had done it.

Pushing open the oak bathroom door, Hollis let out a small yelp at what she saw.

Lily Evans was completely pinned against the wall with her red hair thoroughly tousled by a very out of breath James Potter who's shirt buttons seemed to have mysteriously gone missing.