87 - "EMPTY AIR AND EMPTY PLATES"

CHAPTER EIGHTY-SEVEN

"empty air and empty plates"

tw - eating disorder

"According to the Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs, Kettleburn's lesson was really weird today or something," Sirius told the other four Marauders as they walked down the hallway towards where their Gryffindor and Slytherin combination Care of Magical Creatures was meeting today.

Peter's face turned slightly nervous at Sirius's words.

"What do you mean, disturbing?" the mousy boy questioned, biting one of his nails anxiously. "It won't be dangerous, will it?"

James let out a high pitched giggle and then quickly covered it up with a cough. While Remus's voice had gotten deep in his fifth year, the other three boys were just now getting to that level. As a result, they had become subject to dozens of embarrassing voice cracks that made Hollis, Marlene, and Lily practically fall out of their seats on several occasions from laughing.

"No, I don't think anything can get any more dangerous than when Malfoy got stabbed in the calf by that Chimaera tail spike last year and Hollis laughed," Remus recalled, and Hollis giggled again at the memory. "And then Kettleburn gave her two weeks of detention of lines saying I will not laugh when my classmate gets stabbed by a poisonous spike."

"It was funny!" exclaimed Hollis earnestly, holding out her hands in defence to her case. "And he ended up being fine."

Remus looked down at her, raising an amused brow. 

"He was in the hospital wing for two weeks."

"And our classes were better for it!"

"Can't disagree with you there," Remus muttered, kissing her on the forehead. "Just maybe next time at least try and pretend like you didn't see?"

Playfully tilting her head and narrowing her eyes at him, Hollis just shrugged.

"No promises."

The Marauders made their way across several courtyards where they were cheerfully waved at and greeted by students from all years and houses, the five of them being some of the most popular and well known students throughout the entire school. Hollis would be lying to say she didn't enjoy it.

They carefully descended the rough stone steps leading down to the class area after getting through all the busy courtyards, having to slow down so that they wouldn't fall.

However, James slipped on a tiny pebble that rolled underneath his shoe, sending him tumbling forward from their single-file line. From there, he knocked into Sirius, who stumbled downward on to where Hollis was walking in front of Remus. All five of them fell sideways off the cobbled steps and onto the soft grass and moss patchwork to the left of the stairs.