𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.

this is the song playing in the background at potter manor - 

Fleamont, Hope, Lyall, and Euphemia were all sitting down around a light oak wood coffee table by the fire drinking hot chocolate at Potter Manor. They had decided to wait for their sons here since all three of them were already planning on spending the night at James and Sirius's house anyway. 

There was a record player on top of another wooden table placed on the soft, dark red, and brown carpet scratching out a vintage Elvis album released in the 50s playing in the background that Sirius had dragged James to buy from a muggle store earlier that year during the summer. This sound mingled with the sound of the fire crackling, creating a happy atmosphere along the four parents. 

The warden threw a party in the county jail
The prison band was there, and they began to wail

"At this point, I feel a bit bad for the general population of Lolchant," Fleamont chuckled. "Our boys are probably disrupting quite a bit of the peace."

Hope took a sip of her hot chocolate and laughed softly.

"They're teenage boys, that's what they do," she pointed out with a grin. "When are they going to be back, speaking of which?"

Euphemia turned around in her brown, cushy leather chair to face the brass clock resting on the mantle above the amber fire.

"They left at around nine, and it's five," Euphemia told the group. "And it's getting dark, they should be back any moment now. They're going to freeze in the snow if they stay out much longer."

Just as they said this, the enormous, tall front doors of Potter Manor swung open with a gust of cold wind and three sixth year boys. 

"We circled the manor for over two hours, there was no way possible we could get in!" James shouted with such irritation that Fleamont's eyes widened. 

"One more lap we would have either gotten caught or knocked out from touching that barrier again!" Sirius added on, and the parents still couldn't attach any more than footsteps and voices to the boys.

"So what are we supposed to do now?" Remus fumed with a scratchy throat. "Would you like some hot chocolate, James? Maybe a cookie as well to calm your thoughts?"

There was a loud thud as James threw something down at Remus's patronizing tone. 

Number forty-seven said to number three
"You're the cutest jailbird I ever did see"

"Stop acting so bloody mad!" Sirius shouted in reply. "Just because now you feel guilty because you literally haven't gone through shit for her-"

There were a few thuds and grunts, and Euphemia and Lyall got up out of their seats as Sirius stumbled into the room holding his face. 

It was obvious that something was very wrong between the usually inseparable boys to make them fight and turn on each other like this. 

"HEY!" Hope yelled, and the three boys turned to her.

The parents were finally able to get a good look at their boys, and what they saw was quite a bit concerning. All three of their eyes were tinged pink and red with tears, as well as narrowed in anger and guilt. They were walking a bit funny as if they had the wind knocked out of them a dozen times and still hadn't quite recovered. There was still snow dusted all along their numerous shades of dark hair, and it was freezing in a bit.