12 - "WELCOME BACK, HOL"

CHAPTER TWELVE

"welcome back, hol"

"welcome back, hol"

For a moment, neither of the Slytherins said a word. Lucius raised his hand and lightly touched the alabaster skin pulled tightly over his cheekbone, a smear of crimson coming back down onto his pale fingertips. 

"You bitch," he cursed slowly, a spring ready to explode. 

A drop of hot spittle hit Hollis's boot, right from Lucius's mouth. To her surprise, he did nothing else to harm her. 

"I hope you know, Hol," he whispered cruelly, eyes darting all over her face, trying to make sense of this new girl that had been underneath the facade for so long. 

She cringed at the patronizing use of her nickname. The only people she wanted calling her that anymore belonged to a different house. She began to turn away, but his hand grabbed her chin and yanked her gaze back towards him, their faces an inch apart. From this angle, she could see just how bright the red was against his bone-like skin, all of the details in the splotch of vermillion and maroon. 

Remus's head shot up.

"Your parents are going to fucking kill you."

It would have been better if he threw her down onto the muddy field and made her the bloody one.

The sharp smack had alerted both the players on the pitch of the conflict below and the students watching from the stands that some shit was going down. 

James watched in shock from the pitch as Lucius grabbed her chin and whispered something that made her face drain of all color as Remus, Sirius, and Peter clambered over the wooden benches to get Lucius the hell away.

Potter was frozen. He didn't know how to react. It was a small snapshot into Hollis's life, the Slytherin pureblood world, and it scared the shit out of him in a way he had no idea how to deal with. 

Luckily, Rosier had it covered. She shoved Lucius away from her by the shoulders as hard as her thin arms would allow, sending the tall boy stumbling slightly in surprise.

"Don't threaten me, Lucius," she spat, venom in her voice.

"I think I liked the quiet, submissive version of you better, Hol," he stated coldly, ever so arrogantly sauntering over to where Hollis was standing after his slight tumble. "Even if she only existed for a bit."

"I'm so done with you, all of you," Hollis declared, her fingers hovering over her wand.

"You may be done with us, but do you really think your dear family will give you any choice in the matter? Being obnoxiously happy with those two Gryffindor girls-"