𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑡𝑤𝑜.

tw - idk exactly but someone being verbally abusive bc they're drunk

When Regulus Black had walked into the Leaky Cauldron, he hadn't expected the six Gryffindors that irritated him so much to be there as well. He had assumed most of the couples would be at Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shoppe, the most populated place on Valentine's Day. The overly pink exterior must have driven them away, just as it had for Regulus though.

The seven of them were completely oblivious to anyone else around them, they were in their own happy little bubble. Regulus had to turn away as he watched Remus kiss Hollis out of both respect for Hollis and his own well being.

Sitting down at one of the barstools, Regulus rested his forearms on the brown painted wooden bar with a frown. Being seventeen, he could order whatever he wanted even if it was frowned upon.

"I'll take a glass of the strongest wine you have," Regulus muttered, earning a raised eyebrow from the white-haired bartender.

"You are aware our glasses are enchanted to explode if you lie about your age?" Finnigan confirmed, and Regulus nodded tersely. "Very well, then."

Regulus took a long sip of the bloodred liquid before setting the now half empty glass down on the bar heavily. Now, the Finnigan Ardent had seen his fair share of Hogwarts students on Valentine's Day to get what was going on here.

He threw the dirty dishtowel over his shoulder and leaned on the other side of the bar in front of Regulus.

"Didn't get the girl?" he asked sympathetically.

Regulus looked up at the bartender with narrowed eyes. Not because Regulus was irritated at him, no. Because he was irritated with himself.

"Well, I've always been a bit of a dick to her," Regulus confessed. "I've been good, but sometimes much worse."

Regulus had no idea why he was telling this to the bartender he barely knew, but it felt better to get it off his chest.

"I know this is putting myself out of business a bit," Finnigan said with a low tone. "But drinking isn't the way to do it, son."

"It's easy," Regulus replied, taking another sip of the wine. "And not much else is."

The Black boy turned his head to look at where Hollis was leaning into Remus's chest with a sad smile before turning back around.

He would rather her be happy than be with him.

But then there was something that kept him from turning back around all the way. Hollis's sweater had a tiny hole in it over the left forearm. And anyone could notice that if he could from a dozen yards away.

She had to be more careful. And after a few more glasses of wine, that was enough to make Regulus angry.

.。*゚+.*.。   ゚+..。*゚+

On the way back from Hogsmeade, all seven sixth year's pockets were loaded with a large number of sweets from Honeydukes. Remus, of course, had decided on five or so simple chocolate bars. Hollis had gotten practically a pound worth of the little watermelon taffies that she loved so much, not to anyone's surprise.

James and Sirius had made the idiotic decision to try to suck an entire acid pop without taking it out of their mouth the whole time, and as a result, they had to make a stop by the hospital wing so that Pomfrey could heal the several layers of skin burned off their tongues.

Marlene and Lily had agreed with Peter on Bertie Botts, but Lily had about the worst luck in the world when it came to picking the worse flavored beans, much to all the other's amusement.