𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.

"I want to place a bet on what all of our patronuses will be," Sirius declared as they walked into Dumbledore's office. "If someone gets the other's right, then they owe the other a chocolate frog."

Hollis nodded, wiping away the last of the dampness under her eyes, but then faltered.

"Wait, but aren't they just the same as our animagi?" Hollis asked the other Marauders. "So we all already really know what ours are going to be."

James just shrugged.

"More chocolate for everyone, I suppose," he said with a mischevious grin as he looked between Hollis and Remus. "Not all of us get an endless supply like you do from Moony."

"Well, sometimes it just appears and I don't even know when he managed to sneak it in my bag," Hollis told them as she set down the black leather satchel by the doorway with the rest of theirs as they went to their usual round table in the corner while waiting for Dumbledore to come out.

"Not a complaint, I hope," Remus grinned, wrapping an arm around Hollis's waist.

Hollis smiled softly and kissed Remus quickly.

"Obviously not."

All heads turned towards the staircase as Dumbledore cleared his throat, his pale blue eyes twinkling with excitement from the lesson he had planned for the day.

"As many of you already know, today we will be performing the Patronus Charm," he declared as he walked down to the center of the high ceilinged room with walls covered in moving portraits.

James, Hollis, and Sirius started cheering obnoxiously, making the whole room laugh, and Remus and Hollis smile at each other with amusement.

"Now, who can tell me what a patronus is, just to review?"

Lily raised her hand along with James, Sirius, Hollis, and Remus, and the headmaster pointed at her.

"Miss Evans?"

James stuck his tongue at her that she got chosen instead of him, making her laugh a little bit before giving her answer.

"Well, a patronus is a sort of anti-dementor," Lily started, taking in a loud, clear voice. "A guardian that acts as a shield between you and the Dementor."

James smiled cheekily before winking at Lily.

"That's my Lily flower."

He was met by a slight blush instead of the usual protests.

"Excellent, Miss Evans," Dumbledore praised with a nod towards the ginger. "And who would be willing to tell me why a patronus can act as a shield again a Dementor?"

James, Sirius, Remus, and Hollis all raised their hands again, and this time Dumbledore called on Hollis. Which lead to Sirius muttering something about gender inequality, causing Marlene to lightly hit him over the head with a spare roll of parchment.

Hollis tried to not laugh for a moment, and she had to gather her thoughts away from Sirius and Marlene to answer. And when Hollis did, it was still in an unpreventable amused voice.

"The Patronus is a kind of positive force, a projection of the very things that the Dementor feeds upon hope, happiness, and the desire to survive," Hollis said, and Remus smiled at her. He loved it when Hollis went into this kind of mindset where she was just so bloody clever. "But, even though it is made of these things that a Dementor loves to destroy, it cannot feel despair as humans do. Which makes it impossible for a Dementor to hurt it."

Dumbledore was impressed, as was the rest of the room at Hollis's knowledge.

"Very good, Miss Rosier," Dumbledore smiled, before turning back to the rest of the room for his final question. "And, lastly, who here knows what is required to conjure a patronus?"